£465,000.................

What I want to know is wheres the other £35k :whistling:

A driver was arrested after up to £465,000 in banknotes was found in the back of a van.

Leicestershire's Roads Policing Unit tweeted two pictures of the substantial haul after the vehicle was pulled over in Roundhay Road, Leicester, on Wednesday night.

A statement issued by Leicestershire Police confirmed that the money was found during a stop-check search of the van.

The force said: "The driver has been arrested and remains in police custody.

"He will be transferred and questioned by West Midlands Police officers as the arrest relates to an ongoing West Midlands Police investigation."

A spokesman for West Midlands Police said officers were still awaiting the transfer of the suspect to the force area.

The force announced the astonishing haul on social media.

On Twitter, they wrote: "Following a stop check on a van earlier on today, we’ve seized quite a bit of cash out the rear of the vehicle!!

"We estimate it to be in the region of £465,000."

The tweet continued: "Driver has been arrested and will have some explaining to do."

"Poor my thoughts and prayers are with him hopefully his money is returned to him safely," one unsympathetic Twitter user wrote after the force revealed the news.

BBUrsss.jpg

BBUrAUO.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everytime I see a dumped holdall or bag, first thing that runs through my mind is "f**k, that might be full of loot!".  I often have to check! 

I've got hundreds and thousands on my doughnut. Cheers, D.

I worked in Spain years ago,worked with another guy who owned a beautiful villa,had a great boat,fast as f**k,all the trappings of sucess,he was in his late 50's then and looked dog rough.Theres nosy

Posted Images

A lad I grow up with found a holdall full.of cash going fr lunch at work now he's very honest straght as a die type of guy  he handed it in to the police this was on a Wednesday  he  put the lottery on the Friday and won it ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Has anyone seen the footage of a room in Europe somewhere,there's a pallet of 500 euro notes,and the room is half-filled stacked to the ceiling with smaller denomination euro notes,some of the notes are charred,singed,burnt,looks like there's been a fire,fire brigade turned up and stumbled upon it.

• Like 3

Here is a little story my mates dad builds a house near a river lovely  spot  hes happy there one night a taxi pulls in with yes another lottery winner in car who wants to buy his house he says iam.not selling it after a chat at door the lad shows himself on the paper anyway the lad offered him 900 fr  house it only cost  380 in total to.build he  goes away and phones him later he says give me the furniture il give you the million he agrees the furniture was out ikka  a tidy profit indeed ?we always laugh about it 

• Like 1