Free Solo - National Geographic

I Watched a very good documentary a while back, It was about Yosemite and it went through all the climbers over the years  and how long it took them to climb certain faces of different mountains there and then this kid goes and free climbs the hardest one in a day . Loads of climbers lived there in like a big commune back in the day but I think the authorities put a stop to it all .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, MickC said:

I Watched a very good documentary a while back, It was about Yosemite and it went through all the climbers over the years  and how long it took them to climb certain faces of different mountains there and then this kid goes and free climbs the hardest one in a day . Loads of climbers lived there in like a big commune back in the day but I think the authorities put a stop to it all .

I watched that mick ...good documentary that was....some of them fancied them selfs as rock stars ....think its on netficks

• Like 1
17 hours ago, MickC said:

valley uprising think its called 

If it was a matter of life or death I’d give it a go, but other than that don’t see the point in people constantly pushing  the boundary’s as your first mistake is normally your last, I admire them but don’t understand why they need to ✌️

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Greyman said:

If it was a matter of life or death I’d give it a go, but other than that don’t see the point in people constantly pushing  the boundary’s as your first mistake is normally your last, I admire them but don’t understand why they need to ✌️

I think 1 word sums it all up mate.

Adrenaline.

The most powerful high in the universe.

Enjoy watching Alain Robert climbing buildings.here he is training at home amazing strength.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, king said:

I think 1 word sums it all up mate.

Adrenaline.

The most powerful high in the universe.

Enjoy watching Alain Robert climbing buildings.here he is training at home amazing strength.

He was arrested in manila last month

2 minutes ago, mackem said:

He was arrested in manila last month

He sees it as an occupational hazard now I suppose.

He's to far gone to stop now lol.

Seen a documentary about him before saying his first climb was when he was locked out of his family home as a kid 

And had to climb to the first floor I think it was.

He's just doing what he wants to do and no law will stop him.

Fair play to him living the dream.

• Like 1

What struck me about that lad who climbed El Capitan was the mindset and how you can just have a good or bad feeling about doing the same thing on any given day....it showed him setting off and you could just tell he was a little bit half hearted so he knocked it on the head for that day.....but then a few days later just marched on and met the challenge head on with a clear head....very impressive but sensible in a mad kind of way ?

Great program though cheers for the reminder.