Trail cameras

2 hours ago, haymin said:

Has any one got a link for getting trail cameras fixed thanks 

If you find anyone could you let me no as I have a fair few, I now only buy the cheaper ones from China as they all seem to have a life of around 2 years from the most expensive to the cheapies,  stealthcam do a trade in which is quite good you can get a new one for half price if you give in a broken one sadly they are in the states and import duties would do away with any financial benefit, just to add my cameras our outdoors almost permanently and in all weathers if you were using them a bit more moderately they may last a fair bit longer ???

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Greyman said:

If you find anyone could you let me no as I have a fair few, I now only buy the cheaper ones from China as they all seem to have a life of around 2 years from the most expensive to the cheapies,  stealthcam do a trade in which is quite good you can get a new one for half price if you give in a broken one sadly they are in the states and import duties would do away with any financial benefit, just to add my cameras our outdoors almost permanently and in all weathers if you were using them a bit more moderately they may last a fair bit longer ???

I doubt it, mine don’t get a hard life but 2 yr seems to be about average.

• Like 1

For anyone interested these are one of the best budget cameras I have used, really good distance, wide angle and good picture quality, full size SD cards as well, price has just been droppped a bit more on amazon  https://www.amazon.co.uk/DIGITNOW-Waterproof-Wildlife-Surveillance-Detection-camo/dp/B07DF6CRWN/ref=sr_1_66?ie=UTF8&qid=1549623105&sr=8-66&keywords=trail+cameras. At £42 probably cheaper than the price of a repair ??

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

For anyone interested these are one of the best budget cameras I have used, really good distance, wide angle and good picture quality, full size SD cards as well, price has just been droppped a bit more on amazon  https://www.amazon.co.uk/DIGITNOW-Waterproof-Wildlife-Surveillance-Detection-camo/dp/B07DF6CRWN/ref=sr_1_66?ie=UTF8&qid=1549623105&sr=8-66&keywords=trail+cameras. At £42 probably cheaper than the price of a repair ??

Do you gets many videos of nothing?

i had a £50 one it was a vincture I think, good quality and that but kept doing 3-600 pics and videos of nothing just constantly going off 

I emailed them and they just gave me my money back and let me keep it, I don’t use it anymore takes to long to check all the images

On 08/02/2019 at 17:01, mackem said:

Spypoint with GPS even if nicked you know exactly where they are.

IMG_20181108_115443.jpg.05f05581973f84a5711e6e8f037a2415.jpg

Thats what i need....i thought i was being a tech wizard by using google maps on the iphone and putting the little blue dot where id left my camera......only when i went back to get the camera a week later i realised that having used the maps half a dozen times since the blue dot had long since disappeared.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Thats what i need....i thought i was being a tech wizard by using google maps on the iphone and putting the little blue dot where id left my camera......only when i went back to get the camera a week later i realised that having used the maps half a dozen times since the blue dot had long since disappeared.

Use the dot and take a screenshot showing the coordinates 

Always bought these. Had 2 of them but I ran over one in the pick up so that's FUBAR. The other has been going with no problems for about 6 years.Not the cheapest but they seem to be problem free..https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Little-Acorn-Ltl-5210A-940NM-Hunting-Camera-Scouting-Trail-IR-Camera-Forest-Find/312223387305?hash=item48b1f6cea9:g:PAwAAOSwHTlb0nfz:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

1 hour ago, PLEDGEY said:

Always bought these. Had 2 of them but I ran over one in the pick up so that's FUBAR. The other has been going with no problems for about 6 years.Not the cheapest but they seem to be problem free..https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Little-Acorn-Ltl-5210A-940NM-Hunting-Camera-Scouting-Trail-IR-Camera-Forest-Find/312223387305?hash=item48b1f6cea9:g:PAwAAOSwHTlb0nfz:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

I use the little acorn cameras they seem to last forever- even had one submerge in a reservoir and still came back to life!

• Like 1