I’m going to have it

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yep  all over by 9.30 wind in my face squeaked the bitch in from About 250 and shot it at ranged 135  frlggin cold again  Atb lads 

Rob 58 rang the other day needed a fox or two and I’ve seen a couple around the chicken pen so  set up the bait and string with a pheasant as bait !  shot the first one at 5:10am , second o

So I have some fields that I mainly shoot rabbits on, on numerous occasions I’ve bumped into a fox on here, ever since they combined it’s been about, it’s a clever old thing always in a position where

Posted Images

Well I’m going to give it an hour tomorrow night see if anything is about, might try another spot as well seen as this fella is turning up a daft o’clock, so if longshanx’s lays off the old spice we might come across something ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Stavross said:

Well I’m going to give it an hour tomorrow night see if anything is about, might try another spot as well seen as this fella is turning up a daft o’clock, so if longshanx’s lays off the old spice we might come across something ?

Just for you mate I won’t put any on this morning??

• Like 1
14 hours ago, David.evans said:

Hope you put your thermals on mate ?

it's Fukien snowing down here 

I'll take my thoughts back about lads from the north been ard , NO there's definitely hard and fookin mad ?

Good luck lads 

I think I’ll put a jumper on with my shorts tonight because there is a little nip in the air?

• Haha 2
On 21/01/2019 at 13:57, Stavross said:

So I went down to move the camera today and to my surprise foxy Mcfox face has turned up, ..... I could do with it coming on an evening because I’m to lazy to be getting out of bed early morning,

but we’ll see over the next week if it’s habits change ?

It's habits or yours? ?

As foxes themselves tend to be creatures of habit, somehow I think you might need to set your alarm. It probably has a large range and just gets to your farm around 5-6am before calling it a night.

Not saying you won't see it an evening but the fact the cameras only caught it at 5-6am is a very good sign that's it's regular time.

I’ve managed to get them to come in earlier with baiting quite a few times but only by a few hours, like you say there’s a good chance it’s coming from a good way off, there’s also the chance that it’s not the one I’ve been seeing in the front field because it’s a big area for just one of them and with the surrounding farms and woodland it could be from anywhere 

• Like 2

We dont have residents ,just passer,s through chancing a pheasant or two so its random when i get 1 here .Next door is some big estates and one of "our" shoot has a thermal scope  he uses on there so he,s done 10 last season to my 1 but as long as the birds are safe its a result for all

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

We dont have residents ,just passer,s through chancing a pheasant or two so its random when i get 1 here .Next door is some big estates and one of "our" shoot has a thermal scope  he uses on there so he,s done 10 last season to my 1 but as long as the birds are safe its a result for all

That’s what it’s like around here, we do have residents on the shoot that we try and get at, but these will also wander onto other land and other lads from around us keep at them as well, so we help each other out, last year we had 7 off the shoot but the shoot out the back of us took 16, the sheep farm I shoot on has no earths on it so what comes on there is wandering in from surrounding areas, I once watched a documentary about foxes and some will travel miles in a night and some will stay in one area, most of this was the availability of food but for some they just went on the wander, what was interesting was there was no real difference between urban and country they both behaved similar, some sticking around, some wandering all night

• Like 3