Setting scope help

Bought myself a brand new bsa lightning xl and a set of nikko stirling mountmasters their 3-9x40 

Set it up on the gun gone to set the sights ive got the left-right set the scopes wont set any higher their wound all the way out. I checked their mounted correct and all seems good 

Cheers jarrod

if you've got an arrester pin in on the rear mount check that its in its hole and sat flush, failing that and it is flush you could pack under the front tube couple of tin shims!

I bought the same scope as you've got a few years back and it wouldn't hold zero on a springer brand new out of the box!

1 hour ago, si brown said:

if you've got an arrester pin in on the rear mount check that its in its hole and sat flush, failing that and it is flush you could pack under the front tube couple of tin shims!

I bought the same scope as you've got a few years back and it wouldn't hold zero on a springer brand new out of the box!

I get where you are coming from but there is something wrong somewhere, I'm struggling to believe any scope should need shimming on an air rifle!

If I understand what the OP is saying he wants more elevation, so that's the rear mount needs packing! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker

I wouldn't have a mount master given along with the older richter optik stuff. I had same problem with a mount master on a BSA lightening swapped mounts round it zerod OK.  But every time I used it it needed re-zeroing. It held while I used it but when I took it out again back to square 1.  I had to re-zero ever time i used it. Bin it and buy a better scope!

• Like 1

May sound daft but

you do have the ,,right ,,left on the side and the high low on the top

it has been done before so you wont be the last lol

and one of the best scopes iv had was a nikko sterling that never lost zero

and iv had scopes costing 5 times the price that have

just a thought any way

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
7 hours ago, mark williams said:

Just for every day reference, in all the years i`ve been shooting i`ve never had a bad Hawke, or Mamba scope, sat in the clasp of Sports Match scope mounts.

atb  Mark.

Ooooowwwww.... your going all Shakespeare these days... ?

12 hours ago, mark williams said:

Just for every day reference, in all the years i`ve been shooting i`ve never had a bad Hawke, or Mamba scope, sat in the clasp of Sports Match scope mounts.

atb  Mark.

I damage my new Hawke scope, bashed it into a door, and they fixed it free of charge. So for me 'YAY Hawke customer service!!!'.