Harkila wellies (FAULTS)

Hi has anybody else ever had continuous faults with these make of wellies.. I have had 3 pair and they all have been faulty with glue seperated from sole at the heel  these 3 pair were from all different suppliers  and I have had 2 pair refunded  and one I got cash refund. 2 of my refunded pair have done exact same if the glue is dried out and coming apart .. I am past my warranty with them... does anybody know who I could contact to get this problem addressed .. 

Thanks 

18 hours ago, bobajob said:

I'm looking for more to do with anything to do with harkila or any representatives.. already out pocket of £174.99 and £169.99 don't want to spend much more at cobblers.. 

B&Q wellies! :D

I've got a couple of half decent pairs of boots, but whenever I'm going somewhere I know it will be tough going I wear the cheap ones.

The Expensive ones may be a tad more comfortable but they rip and hole just the same as the cheap ones and with a decent pair of Welly socks in £10 boots I don't have to worry!

Good luck! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1

Take a look at the price of everything they have for sale,whether it be boots,jackets,gloves,gaiters,hats,anything for that matter,it’s all expensive,I seen a smock last year £470 for a smock and £170 for a jersey,a mate of mine swore by Harkila until one day I had him out on the hill he looked like an advertisement for Harkila with over a thousand pounds worth of ther stuff on,by the end of the day he was soaked through,boots leaked trousers and jacket let in,he don’t seem to buy there stuff anymore there is a lot of waterproof clothing out there at less than half the price,I get the impression that some people think the dearer something is the better it is,happy new year 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, wilbur foxhound said:

Take a look at the price of everything they have for sale,whether it be boots,jackets,gloves,gaiters,hats,anything for that matter,it’s all expensive,I seen a smock last year £470 for a smock and £170 for a jersey,a mate of mine swore by Harkila until one day I had him out on the hill he looked like an advertisement for Harkila with over a thousand pounds worth of ther stuff on,by the end of the day he was soaked through,boots leaked trousers and jacket let in,he don’t seem to buy there stuff anymore there is a lot of waterproof clothing out there at less than half the price,I get the impression that some people think the dearer something is the better it is,happy new year 

That’s the exact experience I’ve heard from a couple of well respected guys who do a fair bit of shite weather shooting.

15 hours ago, wilbur foxhound said:

I've been in a similar situation, in the borders following hounds in snow and icy winds. Only I was wearing stuff half the price, Ridgeline smock and Fortis bottoms. I'd have f***ing died from exposure if I had gotten lost! :laugh: Utter shite. Gets you by in average shite weather but not when it really comes in.

Bought a Harkila Jacket afterwards. The hard shell double skin outer type, for layering, like this one https://www.pecheur.com/en/gb/buy-jacket-man-harkila-vector-green-163382.html?af=393329.

f***ing fantastic and still in absolutely torrential rain doesn't even get damp inside. I wear it every time beating, stalking, digging etc. Never going back to cheap shite.

I agree that a lot of their stuff is unnecessary with many cheaper alternatives. But I'll be considering one of those Vector jackets again without doubt. The performance is worth it and I'd trust my life to it.

These days I don't skimp on either a hard shell outer or boots. For me, that's Harkila and Altberg. Though I could be tempted by Stoney Creek, Kuiu or Sitka in the future. Just not sure yet if they'll stand up to the bramble and blackthorn infested country that I live in like the Harkila has...

• Thanks 1