Deer dogs

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This lad was owned by a very good mate saw him take a good number of fallow 

Saw a good few of this cross on deer,once they have a hold of them there not letting go ,this bitch was the same cross and she put a few away pre ban 

The fastest of lurchers will be straight lined by a fallow at some point in their career if they run enough of them.

Posted Images

Just now, Big Ron said:

I don't think so in general and I've run both all over the country on lots of different terrain , but everyone has a different view 

We all have different views Ron you could be right it don't really matter least we can have a disscusen without silly name calling 

1 hour ago, The return said:

We all have different views Ron you could be right it don't really matter least we can have a disscusen without silly name calling 

1 hour ago, The return said:

i thought it won't belong before them 2 become mates , right again, your not old 49 - 50 bet you don't even cock your leg yet

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, TALKCHEAP said:

i thought it won't belong before them 2 become mates , right again, your not old 49 - 50 bet you don't even cock your leg yet

He does over barbed wire fences hea has big balls so he has two be ause he goes  out in the nude testing his buffalo smock because he sweats a lot  by his own admission  fat c**t ,just put a vest on then under the smock  Ronnie. And where altbergs and y'all stay bone dry good luck  those smock I have worn in minus twenty still warm some folk just warm others  nest feckers atb bill

7 hours ago, joe ox said:

Surely that's the terrain making them look better than what they are?

I know what you mean joe but a hare is a hare and ain't it just the fen land that makes them the best hares? :laugh:,but honestly it is totaly different sport when the going is in the deer's favour and they were me and a pals favourite quarry for a few years.

9 minutes ago, fireman said:

I know what you mean joe but a hare is a hare and ain't it just the fen land that makes them the best hares? :laugh:,but honestly it is totaly different sport when the going is in the deer's favour and they were me and a pals favourite quarry for a few years.

I have seen CWD use the terrain to their advantage, in and out the dykes slowing up and disappearing into the dyke which the dog doesn't know is there the dog then hitting the dyke to fast nearly causing itself bad injury.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, The return said:

Hiding behind a username, denying who you are, talking a load of piss, unable to take in or understand common sense. Its easier having a discussion with a child than it is with you.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, joe ox said:

Hiding behind a username, denying who you are, talking a load of piss, unable to take in or understand common sense. Its easier having a discussion with a child than it is with you.

It's impossible to have a grow up conversion with you. All you do is throw your toys out the pram if you don't agree to something 

5 minutes ago, The return said:

It's impossible to have a grow up conversion with you. All you do is throw your toys out the pram if you don't agree to something 

Remind me what is your experience of this subject apart from bashing a few easy roe around the out skirts of Glasgow, how many fallow have you tracked any bucks? have you tracked any other type of deer but roe? answer honestly if you can! Have you actually been past the borders running your dogs?

There are a lots of good posts on this topic from fellas with decades of experience running deer, no good posts from you though just bullshit.

Edited by joe ox
5 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

I can see them getting weaker as it goes on but surly at the start of the rut they are at there most dangerous as they will have eaten and they are aggressive but as they go on then would get more tierd and weaker 

The big reds loose up to 4 stone in weight during the rut but weather that meks um more or less a handful I couldn't give 2 as I just like wabbits ?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Remind me what is your experience of this subject apart from bashing a few easy roe around the out skirts of Glasgow, how many fallow have you tracked any bucks? have you tracked any other type of deer but roe? answer honestly if you can! Have you actually been past the borders running your dogs?

There are a lots of good posts on this topic from fellas with decades of experience running deer, no good posts from you though just bullshit.

I don't run deer myself I like taking pictures of them.i have been past the boarders not that I need to go past the boarders to take pictures of fallow or reds.dunkeld has one of the largest herds in the UK