Deer dogs

1 hour ago, D Lloyd said:

Joe .seen few of them fallow in the rut long time ago now and can be handful but don't think they compare to the red stags in rut or any time of year really .not taking anything away from what you have done.

if a stag or buck turns on the dog caus it knackered thats bad enough , if one turns after 50 yards cause he knows the dogs behind  him then you can look out , seen both turn many a time over the years , id say the fallow is the most dangerous , he's fast agile  and nasty , the red is a bit slower and i would not so nasty , I'm going by what iv seen with my own eyes , I'm talking about deer thats fresh not ones that been run into the ground by cars or dogs

• Like 5

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This lad was owned by a very good mate saw him take a good number of fallow 

Saw a good few of this cross on deer,once they have a hold of them there not letting go ,this bitch was the same cross and she put a few away pre ban 

The fastest of lurchers will be straight lined by a fallow at some point in their career if they run enough of them.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, TALKCHEAP said:

if a stag or buck turns on the dog caus it knackered thats bad enough , if one turns after 50 yards cause he knows the dogs behind  him then you can look out , seen both turn many a time over the years , id say the fallow is the most dangerous , he's fast agile  and nasty , the red is a bit slower and i would not so nasty , I'm going by what iv seen with my own eyes , I'm talking about deer thats fresh not ones that been run into the ground by cars or dogs

The reds did seem a lot harder to get off their feet but much less agile and less aggressive than fallow, an angry fallow would stop turn on a dog in a heart beat and try and rack them into the floor.

Edited by joe ox
  • Like 2
20 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Having seen my own dog that  wasn't  bad on all stuff a fully committed sort get totally owned and killed by a red stag in rut then watch it prounce away barking and the two lads who had give it the big one about there dogs all night bottle it to even slip them trust me there a different animal in rut 

The thick fecker cannot help making himself look stupid, he was looking for a reaction from me mate, anyone with half a brain knows males are at their strongest and aggressive when full of test competing for females.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, joe ox said:

The reds did seem a lot harder to get off their feet but much less agile and less aggressive than fallow, fallow would stop turn on a dog in a heart beat and try and rack them into the floor.

its a different sort of strength,  i had a dog that was killed by a fallow nearly 40 year ago, broke my heart

7 minutes ago, TALKCHEAP said:

its a different sort of strength,  i had a dog that was killed by a fallow nearly 40 year ago, broke my heart

Yep keeping and working lurchers can definitely get emotional at times. 

Edited by joe ox

It's true the fallow bucks in rut will  trash em in the mud like piece of trash ,seen and when they letting hinds through they just stand on guard waiting da the silly type a head running type a jukel head on only one outcome busted up jukel very dead one if unlucky  spent hrs looking fa deerhound xs greyhound big brute of a jukel Neva found him tell daybreak fe King idiot try ed it head on full tilt  dead has can be ,slid him in the river out down river not ta bring it on top in therabouts.reds da me are a much calmer have taken them just a lot more power needed and a good handler despatcher help get him off his feet  atbbill

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Yep keeping and working lurchers can definitely get emotional at times. 

Seen DH crosses, Bull crosses and Saluki Crosses run reds and fallow, the success rate were nowhere near my success rate with my collie crosses on roe but the vet bills/lay off times were a lot higher ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, billhardy said:

It's true the fallow bucks in rut will  trash em in the mud like piece of trash ,seen and when they letting hinds through they just stand on guard waiting da the silly type a head running type a jukel head on only one outcome busted up jukel very dead one if unlucky  spent hrs looking fa deerhound xs greyhound big brute of a jukel Neva found him tell daybreak fe King idiot try ed it head on full tilt  dead has can be ,slid him in the river out down river not ta bring it on top in therabouts.reds da me are a much calmer have taken them just a lot more power needed and a good handler despatcher help get him off his feet  atbbill

Bill in the rut they never seemed concerned about a lurcher that's for sure.

• Like 1

I've got very little experience of running deer but most people understand the effects that raging hormones have on an animal (us included)?. Increased testosterone, adrenalin ect. You dont have to be an expert to work it out. Any fool watching David Attenborough can see that a rutting deer is not weak!

Merry Christmas!

P.s has anyone ever ran reindeer?!

3 minutes ago, Attaboy said:

I've got very little experience of running deer but most people understand the effects that raging hormones have on an animal (us included)?. Increased testosterone, adrenalin ect. You dont have to be an expert to work it out. Any fool watching David Attenborough can see that a rutting deer is not weak!

Merry Christmas!

P.s has anyone ever ran reindeer?!

Your wasting your time trying to explain some people are to thick to understand what should be common sense.

• Like 2