Deer/grey collie/grey

18 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

My little bitch looks slower than the sprinty types when exercising on the beach, but stays a foot or two ahead of them, power is nothing without control

IMG_20161021_125139297.jpg

I once had an accidental double slip with the same bloke and he couldnot get why my bitch was having to jump over his to get back to the hare every time she bent it, he did not get that a dog can run slow when needed, and not flat out all the time.

• Like 3

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My collie deer grey 25 inch. Last picture Is from other day, she had pups 10 weeks ago

Fashion often dictates the flavor of lurcher hybrid, I've seen them all, come and go over the years... A personal favorite of mine was the Deerhound/Greyhound/Sheepdog combo,... I bred a fair few

I used to course with a chap who always said my little feathered bitch lacked a yard of pace, she killed more hares than his fastun ever did, as long as he is fast enough all that maters.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, two crows said:

I once had an accidental double slip with the same bloke and he couldnot get why my bitch was having to jump over his to get back to the hare every time she bent it, he did not get that a dog can run slow when needed, and not flat out all the time.

Sign of a good dog that

• Like 1

I have a deer/grey x collie/grey bitch. A little over 2 years old and I think she’s ace. Very fast, a bit too fast for her own good sometimes but starting to calm herself down now and run cleverly rather than just flat out! Lovely dog to have around as well, calm around the house and very loyal. She gets bored quite easily though if not being worked regularly. 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, bendrover said:

Sign of a good dog that

tell you what ben, a lot of lads who don't run coursing dogs, don't understand that speed is not every thing, a hare can cope with a dog pushing up behind it but they don't like one that gets at the side of it and looks at it, they know they in trouble then lol.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, two crows said:

tell you what ben, a lot of lads who don't run coursing dogs, don't understand that speed is not every thing, a hare can cope with a dog pushing up behind it but they don't like one that gets at the side of it and looks at it, they know they in trouble then lol.

?

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, GeorgeH said:

I have a deer/grey x collie/grey bitch. A little over 2 years old and I think she’s ace. Very fast, a bit too fast for her own good sometimes but starting to calm herself down now and run cleverly rather than just flat out! Lovely dog to have around as well, calm around the house and very loyal. She gets bored quite easily though if not being worked regularly. 

These very fast type head down runners look impressive but at times there's those that Cana control the ways they are and all the running don't change much certain breeds or generations of breeds gets the canny runners.atb bill

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 16:53, jukel123 said:

Dogs of the above breeding were very common in former years.They are much praised as a cross on this forum.  Fashion seems to favour bull greys and salukis types now.Maybe that's down to there being far fewer rabbits and lurchermen are now hunting different quarry as a result.

My question is does anybody actually still own a deer/grey/collie type? If so is it the all rounder it is supposed to be? Any pics?

The folk that could work them are more reclusive or retired from the game now,they gained a justified reputation as genuine allrounders,such a mutt is not needed now.

45 minutes ago, morton said:

The folk that could work them are more reclusive or retired from the game now,they gained a justified reputation as genuine allrounders,such a mutt is not needed now.

A more than accurate observation that. The better alround lamp dogs I saw or owned were of this breeding, or predominantly collie/deer/grey