Pocket rocket whippets

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not the ‘pocket rocket’ as it’s advertised but a very well bred honest dog. 1st cross. also does teeth but don’t fancy putting up pics here lol.  And below is a pup from him to a bitch that is ne

My little patterdale/whippet here in the USA.  She's about 14 inches tts.  Been on coon, possum, groundhog, rabbits and squirrels. 

Brilliant little dogs I'd definitely have another in the future.

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

To be fair I’ve never seen a saluki cross that would kill foxes single week in week out, maybe some will kill a couple when the mood takes them but not in the same league as a proper fox dog, but who in their right mind gets a saluki cross to kill foxes with anyway 

If I was going foxes lamping constant I’d go half bred sal grey 

18 hours ago, dogmandont said:

You keep mentioning motors for some reason which mite be how things work over there but it doesn't work here when a really big field is maybe the whole of 10 acres. Lol. A motor would have to do a 3 point turn to get out the field again. Lol. 

a lot of bull x owners do and any that are doing a few a night bang at it definately do there’s no other way to get numbers with a bull x Then drive throw dog out back lol

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

a lot of bull x owners do and any that are doing a few a night bang at it definately do there’s no other way to get numbers with a bull x Then drive throw dog out back lol

Can’t remember the mans name but he used to post pics & vids on here a lot, he was from Ireland I think, he used to take good numbers with a bull x and all on foot, dogs looked class acts at the job. Bottom line bull crosses are the ultimate for things that bite back, I don’t even keep them I’m just not kennel blind. 

1 minute ago, Shadow100 said:

Can’t remember the mans name but he used to post pics & vids on here a lot, he was from Ireland I think, he used to take good numbers with a bull x and all on foot, dogs looked class acts at the job. Bottom line bull crosses are the ultimate for things that bite back, I don’t even keep them I’m just not kennel blind. 

Lol like been said Ireland your chasing  them around a footy pitch lol Believe with your eyes not ears you think a bull x best for fox on foot lol    

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Lol like been said Ireland your chasing  them around a footy pitch lol Believe with your eyes not ears you think a bull x best for fox on foot lol    

Doesn’t always have to be a half cross bull x grey, could be 3/8 5/8, 3/4 grey, whatever mix.
You like saluki crosses, I like a bit of saluki in my dogs as well, but to say they’re the best cross for consistent foxing makes you look stupid & kennel blind. 

Edited by Shadow100
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Greyhound kill fox there nasty fast no brain the half Sal gives it stamina 
a nasty fast dog that wants them dead but has plenty stamina is ideal for lamping punch holes in cover and want them dead the greyhound is under estimated on here

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

You watch a nasty grey mate they hit them fox at full pelt kill them quick what they lack is soundness stamina a saluki fixes that duarabilty stamina 

I’ve seen my fair share of greyhounds it’s no secret I like them a lot, got a soft spot for them. I’ve seen a lot of Sal/Greys as well but not seen any I’d call an out and out fox dog, saw some that’ll kill a couple on occasion but that’s about it.

Saw a lot more that would just pull their tails then jump back when the fox spun round. I like saluki in my dogs but a straight saluki/grey or “coursing dog” whatever you want to call it is not an all round lurcher. Same way as a half cross bull x grey isn’t, horses for courses they’ve got their jobs. Sal/Grey back to a good lamping dog with maybe a bit of bull in that’s more what I’d want for an all round type 

Edited by Shadow100