Working border types

This dog is the start of my line grand father and great grand father to the ones I have now are all half brother sister mating or double. Bred back to him he was the best digging dog I've ever seen work atb and had no reverse gear on any quarry had to be careful where and what I worked him on very wreck less style of work . 

198a374a-b316-4739-acc4-0e879692f8b5.jpg

• Like 17

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same family I've had and worked for 18 years now all work well 

Tough one today dealt with in his usual style 

Posted Images

funny you say that.....my mates kept a few borders between them .out of a litter of 9 they bred ,7 of them grafted and none of the dog pups made it past 3 seasons,the dogs were some of the most roughest workers I've ever dug too,got the job done,but looked like they gone through a combine harvester ....used to feel sorry for them?bitches were real narrow,perfect for hunt work.they used a dog called Tyson foxfinn prefix I think?threw some nice lookers from what I remember. I personally like a good border.atvb with them?

• Like 2

Most of the borders you see today couldn't get in a cave let alone an earth . And have no drive what so ever . But the family I have are like kennelling black dogs as such very bouncy very driven . Very hard when I need a out cross stud tho when I need one every few years it's a nightmare to get the right blood crossed in . 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Coursing mad 24 said:

Most of the borders you see today couldn't get in a cave let alone an earth . And have no drive what so ever . But the family I have are like kennelling black dogs as such very bouncy very driven . Very hard when I need a out cross stud tho when I need one every few years it's a nightmare to get the right blood crossed in . 

What's the old dogs pedigree name mate? 

On 04/12/2018 at 19:25, Coursing mad 24 said:

All mine very hard dogs as a rule and the bitches always long and narrow in this line but I always try too keep an good strong head on dogs and bitches . To be honest most of the borders being dug to today have my old dog I ther line he sired hell of A lot of solid workers . Atb 

Do you keep many borders and hows the bitches work