Wolfhound cross

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This dog I bred and raised.  He is the same family line of dog breed to a full wolfhound then crossed back to a stag hound.    He could burn a coyote down and really snuff the life from one quick.    

Being Australian iv had a lot of exposure to pig hunting my son has a fine hound with plenty of wolfhound blood hes a very capable pigdog. The woolly dog and white dog both are wolfhound xs

Posted Images

Accidently submitted my post before I was ready.          Wolfhound cross dogs i use to catch pigs with.    I look after a few farms and help keep the hog depridation on the crop feilds down.          Have tons of pictures like this of the dogs holding pigs.       If y'all like them I'll post more.   

• Like 9
1 hour ago, BlackStreak said:

Screenshot_20180508-040105.png

1 hour ago, BlackStreak said:

Screenshot_20180508-040105.png

Screenshot_20180408-120904.png

Screenshot_20180827-070052.png

Screenshot_20180408-121341.png

Screenshot_20180408-120904.png

Screenshot_20180827-070052.png

Screenshot_20180408-121341.png

They look like two power house dogs bruv not seen wolfhound work other than coursing comps on youtube. they look built for it! what did use to get those results mate if you dont mind me asking? atb with them 

• Like 1

They are basically a loose line bred family of working dogs.   Primarily keeping to the wolfhound side things.     Various mastiff breeds in them and a little dane in there also.   I've caught coyote with them but only the dumb ones that think they want to test the metal of the dogs before running off

• Like 4
7 hours ago, BlackStreak said:

This dog I bred and raised.  He is the same family line of dog breed to a full wolfhound then crossed back to a stag hound.    He could burn a coyote down and really snuff the life from one quick.    He is a good pig dog also as you can see.         I breed him to 3/4 pit 1/4 cane corso bitch and got a very nice litter of pups.  They are 13 months old now and really turning out to be good pig dogs.    I'll post pictures of them later.  

Screenshot_20170308-220405.png

20170303_194650.png

Screenshot_2016-08-28-16-39-51-1.png

Screenshot_2016-08-28-16-47-22.png

Screenshot_2016-08-20-20-09-08.png

thats a smashing looking dog,,the power is evident there to see,keep em coming ...

I sold that dog but not before I bred him to a 3/4 pit 1/4 cane corso bitch.  The red dog is a result of that breeding.   He is doing pretty good.  Haven't been using him for long, only about 6 weeks now.    Seems like he his gonna make a fine dog one of these days.   Here are a couple from tonight he helped catch.     Hopefully he will be catching his own soon

Screenshot_20181025-212143.png

Screenshot_20181025-211612.png

Screenshot_20181025-211524.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

,great post mate, like all your dogs , that big fawn dog a great looking dog, and as you say very good at his job, his pup  with the pit  looks like he could follow like his dad, apbt  always put  grit in to any type dog. The Wolfhound type xs seems  popular in Oz  for pig hunting, but  like your type wolfhounds  you use , there are similar that they got other breeds in there genes  , as there no way on this planet , that the type you see at KC = show dogs would be used, they have soft temps, and heart  and joint probs and not long lived at all  6-8 years old that about average   they make . i used keep bullmastiffs in the 80s and went to few shows back then , and seen  Irish wolfhounds, Scottish Deerhounds , both breeds were fooked  to big/heavy  lots of probs, so god knows what there like today .!!  Keep the post and pics coming mate  :thumbs:

• Like 1