Kennel heating ???

Ive used various types of heating over the years radiators heatlamps & even tried under floor htg but ive found the thermostat tube heaters to be the best & never had a problem with them being chewed. I still keep a heat lamp with ceramic core plug instead of a bulb in it just for back up when its really cold after a night out. Atb

2 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Heat lamp.

yep, great  they just take the damp out, and dogs will stretch  out in kernel , and not curl up and be stiff, you dont need a kennel over hot , just enough heat to keep the damp out , and if there got  skin/coat like a grey or whippet , put a coat on them. Actually  being out side  and not over hot, they grow thicker  coat even short hair dogs  deff  .

• Like 3

That’s not my pic above lol. I was going to put heaters in the box but isn’t much need as mine are fully insulated and the heater wouldn’t come on as doesn’t drop cold enough in there. This is mine they are brick n block then 50mm polystrene backed with foil bubble wrap cavity insulation boards. Then lined with waterproof caberdek floor boarding. 

2A994C39-C297-4AB2-8D20-089250B64FC6.jpeg

4C63CC70-944C-4F55-AB59-955BC057C8D1.jpeg

8ADB3074-2B2C-4D45-9340-2E77F58C5F64.jpeg

Edited by Boristheblade
  • Like 11
2 minutes ago, Boristheblade said:

That’s not my pic lol. I was going to

put heaters in the box but isn’t much need as mine are fully insulated and the heater wouldn’t come on as doesn’t drop cold enough in there. This is mine they are brick n block then 50mm polystrene backed with foil bubble wrap cavity insulation boards. Then lined with waterproof caberdek floor boarding. 

2A994C39-C297-4AB2-8D20-089250B64FC6.jpeg

4C63CC70-944C-4F55-AB59-955BC057C8D1.jpeg

8ADB3074-2B2C-4D45-9340-2E77F58C5F64.jpeg

Thanks for that boris now I feel worse than I did already deffo not posting any pics of me kennels now

• Haha 2