4mile jog

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And these lads running these young coursing dogs all summer are the lads we see week in week out saying there's not allot about this winter I wonder why?lol.and are also the lads running there mouths

starting to shape up nicely

crops cut 3 weeks early here but ground is hard, my bitch done nothing yet, I live on the land and right in the good bit for what I do, but she be there dead of winter.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Dog looks in good nick onnthere pal 

Not knocking your keep , but sometimes you can accomplish in two miles what you can in four with less detriment to the dog 

thanks mate my dog goes fat as a pig in summer and then coming close to start of season start him jogging I've done it for years start of at 2mile and as he's getting fitter up it amile until he can do 4mile i never do more then 4mile.and [BANNED TEXT] season starts get him behind plenty game and that's when his fitness will peak because I believe your dog can be road fit but it's not properly fit until hes chasing

• Like 2
2 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Plenty people out running there dogs just now suprise you 

Always been the same, I know(or knew) plenty of terrier and lurcher lads that went out as soon as the crops were cut until October-ish every year. Fine weather hunters with no respect for dogs or game.

The crops being cut isn't a barometer to go off as they fluctuate each year depending on the weather, this year they were cut as early as I can remember.

• Like 5
29 minutes ago, two crows said:

I had a chat with a mate only yesterday and he said same as me there are plenty of young coursing dogs being run now and doing 3s and 4s but how many will be doing that in jan?

Very little tc, it’s the same with the foxes I hear every year about such and such dog killed so many only to find out that 90% of them were killed in August and September only half grown cubs.

• Like 3