Lowa Tibet boots?

Waterproof mate?Enough for the Himalayas and suchlike?I went to an outdoor shop in London earlier,they didn't stock the tibets,they had meindl Bhutan's in but the reviews on the Lowas are better.

They are cracking boots, my mate got a pair and used them all season on the moor last year and had no problem with them at all,  no leaks and very hard wearing even dragging them through the heather, I’ll be getting some once I’ve burned the meindl’s out

• Like 1
On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 14:38, low plains drifter said:

Have a look at the lowa Hunter evos mate, same boot but insulated and bit taller, very good boots if you're carrying a heavy pack, gut bucket or ruck

I will have a gander at them mate thank you :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Went today to get the lowa tibets,guy in the shop gave me a pair of wool hiking socks to wear and measured my feet one size 10 one size 9 :blink: apparently its quite common?They didn't have the tibets in stock,going to have a rethink as I want to order the boots online so what size as they don't sell odd sized pairs on e-bay :laugh:

I’ve had 4 pairs of lowa mountain gtx which are good boots,gortex lined so 100% waterproof.have a look a Altberg boots Richmond North Yorkshire,they make and repair,re-sole boots, they come in 4 or 5 width sizes,I’ve there walking boots & motorbike boots and I’ve had there work boots,the leather on Altberg boots is the best I’ve had it’s twice as good as lowa boots which no matter how much care I put in they crack in time and the leather becomes stiff.

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...
On 24/09/2018 at 20:00, Str said:

I’ve had 4 pairs of lowa mountain gtx which are good boots,gortex lined so 100% waterproof.have a look a Altberg boots Richmond North Yorkshire,they make and repair,re-sole boots, they come in 4 or 5 width sizes,I’ve there walking boots & motorbike boots and I’ve had there work boots,the leather on Altberg boots is the best I’ve had it’s twice as good as lowa boots which no matter how much care I put in they crack in time and the leather becomes stiff.

These look a similar offering from Altberg. https://www.altberg.co.uk/product/factory-stock-nordkapp/

Quite fancy a pair to complement my Gamekeepers. Spring purchase I think...

• Like 1