First x bull ... preban

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Asking if a type of dog is any good after you have chosen it is akin to cumin in a bird and then asking if she's on the pill.  

A lot of the dim c**ts that own bull crosses would struggle to condition their hair.

Same as anything.It all depends on the quality of the parents that they are bred from and the problem is that most are not bred out of decent quality bulldogs.If a 1st cross is bred out of the right t

Posted Images

Had 2, 1 was quick enough in a straight line and couldn't think for its self. Num as a post. But would kill as many foxes as you could throw at it. Other was a bitch 24 inches, would wrestle a crocodile, but couldn't catch a fox in a phone box. I've always rated bull x lurchers for an all round dog. Plenty of different blood in the mix. And no less than quarter bull.But I have seen some classy 3/8 5/8 bull greyhounds. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, mud said:

Real handy dogs to have about,BUT,I’d have second thoughts about putting 1 in the motor after a season or too.2018 for you ??

If was to go back to runner with bull in have to be x with deerhound beddy or Wheaton with good rough coat ?

• Like 4

The best of em could run and catch everything these fair isles have to offer. They can be trained to do anything any other cross can do and be a pleasure to own too.

Sadly, what once was, is hardly any more...

And if you have to ask, you'll never know....

Some of these first crosses that are big heavy lumps are they bred from big heavy bulls or is it something that happens when crossed to the grey they throw heavy? 

The proper bulls I've seen aren't heavy built. The nob extension types the chavshave are heavy but is that from am bull influence? 

16 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Some of these first crosses that are big heavy lumps are they bred from big heavy bulls or is it something that happens when crossed to the grey they throw heavy? 

The proper bulls I've seen aren't heavy built. The nob extension types the chavshave are heavy but is that from am bull influence? 

Gnipper, the stuff i owned was out of some of the first bull bloods to hit theses shores. The line threw average 26" racy dogs and 24" bitches. I' ve seen much bigger animals now BUT what they are doing i dont know.

And in my limited expierience, some of those other early lines also threw good sized animals.

Whats about with other bull bloods now, i have no idea about...