Gerrin um ready

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We've been in a heatwave for a few weeks and it's been warm for maybe 5 weeks. Feck me and you are talking about getting a lurcher fit ? 11th of July ? The dogs panting walking around t

Little swim and a stretch today 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

It’s not same as it used to be, anyone noticed it’s getting hotter late afternoon instead of it used to be lunchtime was hottest part of the day.?

I noticed that seems to be peaking after 4 

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I never said i was getting them fit yet was just asking what folks do  

I dunno yet I know when I had my bullx I stood at the top of a very big hill and chucked the ball down a few times it was half way round a 7 mile walk but seemed t to do the trick for me but this time round I think I'll use a bike for a mile or so to start and go up gradually along with his normal walks with free running and chucking a ball for him 

16 minutes ago, king said:

Years ago they recon between 12 to 2 it was hottest part of the day.but it is definately hotter later in the day.

Your right i knock off at 3 tell everyone its too hot the rest of the year i just mek some other excuse

11 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

I dunno yet I know when I had my bullx I stood at the top of a very big hill and chucked the ball down a few times it was half way round a 7 mile walk but seemed t to do the trick for me but this time round I think I'll use a bike for a mile or so to start and go up gradually along with his normal walks with free running and chucking a ball for him 

That sounds good salt the problem wi mine tho the lurchers will chase a ball once if i throw it again they look at me fart then slope off

Little terrier will fetch a tennis ball all day then guard it with its life strange things

35 minutes ago, king said:

Years ago they recon between 12 to 2 it was hottest part of the day.but it is definately hotter later in the day.

Yeah it,s definitely been getting warmer AFTER 2 o clock the last few years. And the coolest night we've had round my way the last four weeks has been 14°, five nights ago. Night before last it was 20° at midnight! Much too warm to be running dogs for extra fitness at this time of year.

And to black neck, it's not just my opinion mate, it's a medical, physiological fact. Plus round our way the ground is still rock hard, despite the fact we've had a few very light spells of drizzle. We haven't got a running dog at moment, but me and the mrs only take 'her' mini schnauzer over the river, 100 yards in a straight line from where we live, when the sun is still low, or going right down ?

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Black neck said:

That sounds good salt the problem wi mine tho the lurchers will chase a ball once if i throw it again they look at me fart then slope off

Little terrier will fetch a tennis ball all day then guard it with its life strange things

?? some dogs do funny things. Mine will chase a ball till it's heart explodes I stop chucking him the ball when he starts to look like he's had enough but he will just stare at me like "the f**k you doin not chuckin that ball" 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Saltmoon said:

?? some dogs do funny things. Mine will chase a ball till it's heart explodes I stop chucking him the ball when he starts to look like he's had enough but he will just stare at me like "the f**k you doin not chuckin that ball" 

My spaniel is like that,even when I bring them in the evening for a few hour's the Lurcher's chill out but that cnut just stares at me to bring him out to play fetch cnut never switches off.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, All-terrain said:

I've just slotted this out my mum's house, it belonged to one of my younger brothers,haha it's electric it does about forty and flies on and off road, I've stashed it in my shed to run the,dogs over the backs on it, ill have a laugh and dogs will get fit ??atb At 

Screenshot_2018-07-12-00-30-55_kindlephoto-106021638.png

Seen young lad's with them a long the canal ideal for getting a dog fit as soon as one gets nicked im going to buy it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, All-terrain said:

I've just slotted this out my mum's house, it belonged to one of my younger brothers,haha it's electric it does about forty and flies on and off road, I've stashed it in my shed to run the,dogs over the backs on it, ill have a laugh and dogs will get fit ??atb At 

How long is the power cable? Lol

Cheers, D.

4 hours ago, All-terrain said:

Good birra kit that bet the a few bob to buy

boxasise great exercise quick fix endorphins fa the well being of good health long lasting healthy exercise get out winter camping in the elements test yas body mind and physicall capabilities on survival jukel also ,bit advice though blacky if yas go up north take one a them doggy winter coats da the bull xs  lol keep at  it the fall his near .hence the season begins. Bring it on  .atb bill