New dog breeding legislation.

Saw on the news last night the government are looking to have legislation in place by next summer regarding the sale of pups.

Apparently you will need a licence to sell pups.

Can anyone see it working?, will it work?, is this about animal welfare or the taxman looking for some revenue ?.

Good move?, bad move?.

I've no qualms with ethical dog breeders regardless of what they breed or what they charge, but not everyone is.

What's your thoughts?.

5 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

It's about time they turned their attention to cat owners .

Make it law they must be micro chipped

make it law all cats have a working collar and bell

make it law cat owners are registered. Before breeding a litter of kittens

The fookers decimate song birds and garden birds.

b*****ds .

Correct, i mean there's loads of Big Cats on the prowl and nobody can find them....

• Haha 1

About time something was done about this culture imho 

absolutely disgusting the amount of pugs bulldogs poodles whatever knocking around for sale 

blood money for xmas and Marbella 

id go so far and say it’s time the rescues have a clear out, something like 80% of all rescue dogs are a bull type of some description, jag the f***ing lot and licence all litters and see that sorted 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

About time something was done about this culture imho 

absolutely disgusting the amount of pugs bulldogs poodles whatever knocking around for sale 

blood money for xmas and Marbella 

id go so far and say it’s time the rescues have a clear out, something like 80% of all rescue dogs are a bull type of some description, jag the f***ing lot and licence all litters and see that sorted 

Out all the greyhounds and lurcher too 

9 hours ago, MickC said:

More than likely so they can keep an eye on all the pedlars breeding designer cross breds. Crossbreds dont need kc papers etc so taxman missing out .

spot on mick,  i see few on me dog walks  , that cockerpoos   lab poodles,  and little feckin fluffy  things lol,  all there type  x breddogs cost  £ 800- 1200 quid , when i tell them that both my  1x breds   1x collie x grey , and 1x gsd x grey  , Bryn   £ 40 quid Buck   the same £ 40 quid , these  owners of this designer x breeds , they lost for words , they no they been ripped off , as all our dogs are x breeds. i keep telling them there plenty of lurchers and  other x breed dogs and pups crying out for a chance of life in the rescue centers , and they only cost tops £ 50 quid, most mongrels  make good pets and guard dogs  and prob healthy than these  so called ped designer x type dogs . or if you was after just a guard dog, plenty of x bred gsds in scrap yards  as well .

19 minutes ago, bird said:

spot on mick,  i see few on me dog walks  , that cockerpoos   lab poodles,  and little feckin fluffy  things lol,  all there type  x breddogs cost  £ 800- 1200 quid , when i tell them that both my  1x breds   1x collie x grey , and 1x gsd x grey  , Bryn   £ 40 quid Buck   the same £ 40 quid , these  owners of this designer x breeds , they lost for words , they no they been ripped off , as all our dogs are x breeds. i keep telling them there plenty of lurchers and  other x breed dogs and pups crying out for a chance of life in the rescue centers , and they only cost tops £ 50 quid, most mongrels  make good pets and guard dogs  and prob healthy than these  so called ped designer x type dogs . or if you was after just a guard dog, plenty of x bred gsds in scrap yards  as well .

They know there being ripped off but they want whatever kim kardashian or other celebrity has.its fashionable and with demand the price goes up.weather the dog or price fits there lifestyle or not there having it.

There's unbelievable amounts of chavs around South Wales and I'm sure it's the same the whole UK breeding all sorts of frenchies and bully things for top money, majority don't have a clue about how to care for a dog properly. A lot of criminals do it because it's easy safe cash. Some type of license would be a good thing in theory but can't see it being policed and the people who want to get around it will somehow 

If there was a licence in place there'll be a way round it like getting someone who has one to sell the litter for them. 

Someone in my missus family has a cocker bitch he breeds cockerpoo things from all the time and the kennels who owns the poodle stud shift the whole litter for him as soon as they're old enough ?