Real big rip off parking charge !!!

I took daughter and son in law to Gatwick airport and dropped them off. It seems that when I come to pick them up I have to go into short stay carpark. Holey moley, £15 for half an hour !!! By the time my lot get through baggage reclaim and get out on the deck it could be an hour or more. Talk about captive audience rip off. 

We used to go to edinburgh airport park off a big roundabout at the entrance to a farmers field and would get a phone call when the relatives cleared customs and we would pick them up in the short stay car park . Last time we went it was all coned off , guess they werent making enough money 

The money rip off thing is one side  but it is the fact that they dont allow you to even pull up and load even if they are standing there waiting. Its a sort of captive rip off. Were going to do some research on how we dont pay this rip off amount. Its a matter of principle.

Clue on, I fly in and out of Stanstead regular and they charge about £3 just to drop off never mind the car park.......however, there is a free bus from the car hire centre 2 minutes away and so I get dropped off / picked up there if I’m not hiring a car.

Completely free of charge.

29 minutes ago, WILF said:

Clue on, I fly in and out of Stanstead regular and they charge about £3 just to drop off never mind the car park.......however, there is a free bus from the car hire centre 2 minutes away and so I get dropped off / picked up there if I’m not hiring a car.

Completely free of charge.

What happened to your chauffeur 

• Thanks 1

I used to regularly pick up family from Gatwick and would get them to ring me when they landed , half an hour later I’d pick them up at the bus stop for the long stay car park ..this unfortunately has got a lot harder since the rebuild and the patrols have got eyes like a shite house rats and are on you the minute you stop now .

The barriers that let you in or out have magnetic sensors that stop the barrier coming down on cars, simply tailgate the car in front of you and it won't  cost a penny also works on the Clifton suspension bridge ?

• Like 3

You cant stop on the drop off  point to pick up at all !! When i dropped them off there were at least 4 blokes with cameras taking pictures of pick ups. Fine in the post !! The short stay pick up that you have to use starts at £15 for the first half hour and ramps up steeply if you are longer. They might need to remortgage if there is a hold up. One problem is that they aren't getting back in until about 1am and another is that they have their 5 year old with them. Even the McDonald's round the corner has a barrier now.