Looks don't matter

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wouldn't get a pup I didn't like the look of so looks are important I guess to me but what I take as a good looking dog mite be a ugly fecker to someone else so guess it's each to there own 

Looks don't matter but the trained eye has a good idea on confirmation, leg knuckle, feet, length of back, etc..... can make a big difference on how a dog performs physically.

Best looking lurcher I ever owned had barely a tooth in his head, ears in tatters, 1/4 of his tail missing, a toe missing but to anyone that new him and seen him work he was a stunner.

Posted Images

How much choosing the welp that's gonna fit in with you his character etc no use having the best looking specimen if yas just don't get on because of either temp or character or other traits one Cana get on with ,I know it's difficult at times but study the dam sire two if possible like invariably get like one side or tother.i have had beauty specimens ta the eye but we did not get on ,maybe count on one hand how many I got to like over time ,spent in the field ,certain traits one can only see when in work ,not looking at the jukel in admiration studying ones physique etc.,I be

ieve fa me a good animal should grow on you with its ability tested in the field of work over a few seasons.fa me a jukel needs to become appreciated for its ability and no other ,then I beget ta like  its the way I believe it should be. Atb bill

• Like 3
11 hours ago, billhardy said:

How much choosing the welp that's gonna fit in with you his character etc no use having the best looking specimen if yas just don't get on because of either temp or character or other traits one Cana get on with ,I know it's difficult at times but study the dam sire two if possible like invariably get like one side or tother.i have had beauty specimens ta the eye but we did not get on ,maybe count on one hand how many I got to like over time ,spent in the field ,certain traits one can only see when in work ,not looking at the jukel in admiration studying ones physique etc.,I be

ieve fa me a good animal should grow on you with its ability tested in the field of work over a few seasons.fa me a jukel needs to become appreciated for its ability and no other ,then I beget ta like  its the way I believe it should be. Atb bill

fair point bill , my 2 dogs   both good dogs at there jobs, one more pleasing  to the eye  Bryn, but Buck the better alround  worker deff, he dont look like a lurcher  lol , but i know who get more quarry at night . !!

12 hours ago, billhardy said:

I get what you're saying bill.  'better looking' is probably a misnomer, better, sounder build etc, be more accurate.  But all things being equal, most would choose the one which is more 'attractive' as it were