Evening and night session

Rik and I headed up the copse again this evening to see what was about. Maybe the last time up there for a while as the leaf cover is getting quite dense now although it does help with concealment. We took our usual places and in the first fifteen minutes a crow landed directly above me providing a very easy shot. Then for the next hour or so it was quite quiet apart from a few magpies, a jay and a crow coming in but not providing any opportunities for a shot. Then a woodie did land directly above but the thick leaf canopy deflected the shot. Rik managed a nice woodie so we both had some action. Home for a cup of tea then out with the lamps for a couple of hours. Almost a full moon and very still so really poor conditions but we did manage a couple, one a nice young buck for the pot and a smaller one for the ferrets.

DSCF2659[1].JPG

DSCF2661[1].JPG

• Like 9

18 hours ago, Rez said:

Shooting chap. Nice to see that 410 again. 

Whats that little torch there Chris? Is it any good? Need a new one, me Lensers getting old now.

Hi Rez,  it's just a £8 ultrafire red LED off the bay. Done a mod to it as recommended by mattbugeye by painting the reflector Matt black and replacing the flat lens with a £2 convex lens to focus the beam. Also use decent ultrafire batteries.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chrismdd said:

Hi Rez,  it's just a £8 ultrafire red LED off the bay. Done a mod to it as recommended by mattbugeye by painting the reflector Matt black and replacing the flat lens with a £2 convex lens to focus the beam. Also use decent ultrafire batteries.

An'ya get a decent beam? 8 coins!? :D 

Yes, a very decent fine beam that doesn't startle anyone in the neighbourhood. In the past I've managed several rabbits all within a few metres of each other before others have taken flight.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, chrismdd said:

Yes, a very decent fine beam that doesn't startle anyone in the neighbourhood. In the past I've managed several rabbits all within a few metres of each other before others have taken flight.

Cracking little lamps me and vis used them for a good few years

before we moved on to t20 and the like .

got a t38 i got off moxy and its my fav lamp it was an ir but changed it for a red pil

its my go to lamp now ill never get rid of it

its only had 4 new tubes and five new heads :laugh:.

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: