6 hours ago, dave88 said:

Russia and Iran are warning the US of 'consequences' and 'retaliation'...What do you think they could actually do mate?

I don't know mate but I'm doubtful that it'll amount to much. The US can project force on a scale no one can compete with and have now just shown a willingness to do that. UK and French contributions were really symbolic but even our lone ability to project force would make the Russians stop and think about escalation.

The 'allies' said that a strike would happen and the russians said they'd shoot down any missiles and even strike the launch sites. So far who has followed through with what they promised? They know they are outgunned right up to the strategic nuclear attack level and all they have is to spread disinformation about how successful allied strikes are, which will be and has been proven false.

All they needed to do really was bring those responsible to justice. Whoever gave the command, assad or local commander, just stick em on trial, hang em and show the world that they take such war crimes seriously.

• Like 4

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Socks will save us 

Be no nuclear war. I even doubt western cities would even be bombed. Possibly ships .troops planes  Imo the war against the general public would be of disruption hacking cyber war I think th

You're all so paranoid! I'm just at home living my life as normal. Nothing will happen.        

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I don't know mate but I'm doubtful that it'll amount to much. The US can project force on a scale no one can compete with and have now just shown a willingness to do that. UK and French contributions were really symbolic but even our lone ability to project force would make the Russians stop and think about escalation.

The 'allies' said that a strike would happen and the russians said they'd shoot down any missiles and even strike the launch sites. So far who has followed through with what they promised? They know they are outgunned right up to the strategic nuclear attack level and all they have is to spread disinformation about how successful allied strikes are, which will be and has been proven false.

All they needed to do really was bring those responsible to justice. Whoever gave the command, assad or local commander, just stick em on trial, hang em and show the world that they take such war crimes seriously.

Ahh.....but does Putin have a poet ? Huh huh .......has he huh ? 

You can never be too careful.

Listen we all know how horrible chemical attacks are but even more horrific things happen in Africa on a daily basis, why don't we get involved there? Obviously there's more than meets the eye regarding Syria, we pay for it with our blood!

Edited by Kerny92
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Kerny92 said:

Listen we all know how horrible chemical attacks are but even more horrific things happen in Africa on a daily basis, why don't we get involved there? Obviously there's more than meets the eye regarding Syria, we pay for it with our blood!

Children are getting blown to pieces on a regular basis and if their unfortunate enough to survive they get taken to a rat infested hospital to fester for a few days then they blow that up to. Isn’t it just great that the worlds super powers care so much about how kids die. Very caring people they are.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Kerny92 said:

I know my opinion is pretty unpopular but it is what it is I suppose. Regarding the above, there's no denying it. Simple answer is that there's nowhere in Africa of significant strategic value. Putting aside theories of interventions contrived for financial gain, the middle East has been of value for at least 100 years and will continue to be for at least another 30 if not 50+. To much trade is threatened by instability in that region. Too much oil comes from there and the black stuff fuels countries and economies!

In addition to that there is this whole issue of chemical weapons. As depraved as the shit that goes off in Africa is they aren't using these types of weapons. Weapons that if not stamped on will lead to chemical weapons arms races among regional powers and much much greater use of them. It won't be an isolated case, it'll become a presidence for a new era of chemical warfare.

Rightly or wrongly.... we all see it different.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Children are getting blown to pieces on a regular basis and if their unfortunate enough to survive they get taken to a rat infested hospital to fester for a few days then they blow that up to. Isn’t it just great that the worlds super powers care so much about how kids die. Very caring people they are.

Is getting blown to pieces any worse than getting butchered alive? 

1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

I know my opinion is pretty unpopular but it is what it is I suppose. Regarding the above, there's no denying it. Simple answer is that there's nowhere in Africa of significant strategic value. Putting aside theories of interventions contrived for financial gain, the middle East has been of value for at least 100 years and will continue to be for at least another 30 if not 50+. To much trade is threatened by instability in that region. Too much oil comes from there and the black stuff fuels countries and economies!

In addition to that there is this whole issue of chemical weapons. As depraved as the shit that goes off in Africa is they aren't using these types of weapons. Weapons that if not stamped on will lead to chemical weapons arms races among regional powers and much much greater use of them. It won't be an isolated case, it'll become a presidence for a new era of chemical warfare.

Rightly or wrongly.... we all we it different.

I agree so why beat around the bush? Grow a pair and tell us the truth instead of trying to pull the wool over our eyes. We all know us and Russia don't give a rats ass about the Syrian people!

Well in short, I dont believe for one second that there was any type of chemical attack......as far as I’m concerned, it’s bullshit.

European politicians are doing so much that has not logic or sense to it that there is absolutely no credible case to think they are doing different with Syria.

Never mind if we trust Putin, he isn’t a western leader so we don’t have to trust him.

The fact is we are lied too so much on so many issues by our own leaders in the west that it makes no sense to suddenly think they are telling the truth over this particular issue.

Of course it’s bullshit, everything they f***ing say and do is bullshit.

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

I agree so why beat around the bush? Grow a pair and tell us the truth instead of trying to pull the wool over our eyes. We all know us and Russia don't give a rats ass about the Syrian people!

I think the truth is plain to see and they won't deny it but this is politics and shit needs padding out to make it sound better.

Everyone cares about the innocent getting raped, enslaved and murdered, but it'll not get a politician to deploy 100k troops. A threat to your economy or imports will though. As an aside I would have liked to have seen those boko haram animals that kidnapped those school girls wiped from existence but just no money in it. Mind that was a different administration... this one could easy send a few thousand marines just for the glory!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I think the truth is plain to see and they won't deny it but this is politics and shit needs padding out to make it sound better.

Everyone cares about the innocent getting raped, enslaved and murdered, but it'll not get a politician to deploy 100k troops. A threat to your economy or imports will though. As an aside I would have liked to have seen those boko haram animals that kidnapped those school girls wiped from existence but just no money in it. Mind that was a different administration... this one could easy send a few thousand marines just for the glory!

Born, you may know mate because it all got lost on me ages ago but correct me if I’m wrong.......these rebels that Assad is fighting are Muslims are they not?

And some of them are openly Islamic State?

Is that correct?

Just now, WILF said:

Born, you may know mate because it all got lost on me ages ago but correct me if I’m wrong.......these rebels that Assad is fighting are Muslims are they not?

Is that correct?

Im far from an expert, just have a slightly different take on this than other. My understanding is there are about three or four basic groups. Isis, the rebels, the democratic opposition and the Kurds. Yeah mostly Muslim as expected.

None of them I'd care for. At this point I think it'd be a huge mistake to do anything to effect the outcome of this civil war. Regime change requires a generation long effort. The West doesn't have the political stamina for that and so it would fail in at least some way imo as we've seen too often.

6 minutes ago, WILF said:

Is that correct?

lol if thats the case wilf  send the c.t over here and deal with the ones we got

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Im far from an expert, just have a slightly different take on this than other. My understanding is there are about three or four basic groups. Isis, the rebels, the democratic opposition and the Kurds. Yeah mostly Muslim as expected.

None of them I'd care for. At this point I think it'd be a huge mistake to do anything to effect the outcome of this civil war. Regime change requires a generation long effort. The West doesn't have the political stamina for that and so it would fail in at least some way imo as we've seen too often.

Just don’t a bit of speed skimming on the subject.......conclusion ?........it’s a total f***ing mess that we should be nowhere near !

It has basically been years and years of everyone trying to f**k over everyone else in Syria, getting into bed with some rather nasty characters then them turning on him etc etc etc

when it went pear shaped we stuck our oar in.......brilliant ! 

140,000 dead and I can’t help but feel we have prolonged the whole thing and as such cost a lot more lives.......add to that, we have filled Europe with a wave of refugees! 

But hey, as I always say, it won’t be any politicians sons or daughters paying the price you can bet your bollocks in that.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2