i have a 3 year old Patterdale bitch with a slight small cloudy spot on her eye

before anyone starts yes i am going to the vets.

has anyone else experienced it in their terrier.

she does get scraps but now she wont,as i read it could be high Cholesterol or even she could have an eye disease or something inherited from the mum 

i am doing a feed swap this week to a better quality food.

where i live is a bit limited to what feed i can buy,so off to the city tomoz (2 hr drive) to scoop some of this up

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/crave-with-protein-from-salmon-ocean-fish/6000197867669

i don't know about the eye, but i'm not a fan of these fancy dog foods , because i'm to tight to pay for them, i fed mine mainly on whole chicken wings , i get frozen from a super market,fed raw sometimes frozen , cooked green veg, plus peelings from spuds and carrots brown rice cooked in stock and i buy tripe in 500g frozen blocks give each terrier about a 100g a week , table scrapes and when i buy fish i buy with the heads on, heads tails and bones make a stock for the rice , can get pigs head and chop them up but i only feed pork in the winter when they can work the fat off 

• Like 9
6 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

i have a 3 year old Patterdale bitch with a slight small cloudy spot on her eye

before anyone starts yes i am going to the vets.

has anyone else experienced it in their terrier.

she does get scraps but now she wont,as i read it could be high Cholesterol or even she could have an eye disease or something inherited from the mum 

i am doing a feed swap this week to a better quality food.

where i live is a bit limited to what feed i can buy,so off to the city tomoz (2 hr drive) to scoop some of this up

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/crave-with-protein-from-salmon-ocean-fish/6000197867669

I also have a 3 year old patterdale. He had a cloudy eye at one point. Give him some antibiotic eye drops. Cleared up within a week.

• Thanks 1

It could be an injury that likes been said a few eye drops will sort as iv'e had it myself,but then it could also be the start of blindness as iv'e had it with a russell who went totaly blind over last summer.he still works to ground but isn't the same dog and to be honest is one dig away from retirement.Good luck it's a simple sort for you and the dog..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a issue with something called dry eye, ( lack of tear production) in my jack Russel and have to buy a crem made up by the vet, £25 a month, It’s the dogs left eye the one with the brown patch40278122-A9F2-4B02-8CF5-F64C41D3D5A4.thumb.jpeg.bd082708739a7f5ded4dba89d50cb302.jpeg

it does look cloudy, but doesn’t affect him, apparently caused by an infection, I use viscotears as well, his other eye is clear, he’s a good grafter, and as I said yet to see it slow him down,

now that some of you have posted up about infections

i have noticed when the Pdale is scrapping with the hound,the hound gets the Pdales head in its mouth.

just maybe damage incurred at fight time.

the Pdale does get the better of the hound lol

I've not long pts a terrier that had the  inherent blindness gene .She was a grand worker in her day but sadly never bred off due to the blindness I should have addressed generations ago .Was cancer that saw her off but just making you aware its' out there ,milky eyes that only just show up on a lamp .

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ted Newgent said:

Thats a challenge 

keeping a t bag on a terrier

Cable tie its 2 front paws together round a kitchen chair leg..do the same way its back paws to a different kitchen chair and stretch...use scarf to tie his head to kitchen table at about 4 inches high with infected eye facing up...set tea bag on eye for half hour... job done.?...

Edited to add thats a joke btw..let him up on sofa with you for and hour and soothe his eye afterwards hes settled by layin it on him her...and not forcing it on him..it only needs a little toxins from the tea bags to sooth it..

Edited by stop.end
  • Haha 2
18 minutes ago, stop.end said:

Cable tie its 2 front paws together round a kitchen chair leg..do the same way its back paws to a different kitchen chair and stretch...use scarf to tie his head to kitchen table at about 4 inches high with infected eye facing up...set tea bag on eye for half hour... job done.?...

Edited to add thats a joke btw..let him up on sofa with you for and hour and soothe his eye afterwards hes settled by layin it on him her...and not forcing it on him..it only needs a little toxins from the tea bags to sooth it..

That's a trick I picked up off my old nanna god bless her soul along with using a poutis for blackthorn etc.... First thing I do is clean eyes after a dig with bottle of eyewash from first aid kit then bathe with a teabag if anything flares up back at home?