16 minutes ago, Ptd87 said:

Saying that all kids know where the keys are is one of the most stupid things I've ever seen on here!! ... That's a dangerous statement don't you think 

It was certainly a generalization and probably not accurate ,but dangerous ? how 

• Like 2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe the kid picked up on some of his dads traits

Methods? No. Filming it for the anonymous internet peers? Pure narcissistic b*ll*cks. I'd be more interested finding out why my lad was playing the bully than filming his discipline session.

7 minutes ago, Ptd87 said:

Saying that all kids know where the keys are is one of the most stupid things I've ever seen on here!! ... That's a dangerous statement don't you think 

Why is that a dangerous statement ? I would imagine that the majority  of sons of blokes who shoot wil know where dad keeps the keys.  No one other than the cert holder shouldn't have access but in reality most wives ect will know where the keys are and have access. And for those that say I am the only one that has got the keys in my back pocket, what happens to the spare set from when you loose the keys or misplace them. What happens when they are in the wash? What happens when they are in the Other pair of trousers or jacket ? I'm sure that the reply is going to be that none of that ever happens. Yeah right. And I'm a part time space man.

• Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, Meece said:

Why is that a dangerous statement ? I would imagine that the majority  of sons of blokes who shoot wil know where dad keeps the keys.  No one other than the cert holder shouldn't have access but in reality most wives ect will know where the keys are and have access. And for those that say I am the only one that has got the keys in my back pocket, what happens to the spare set from when you loose the keys or misplace them. What happens when they are in the wash? What happens when they are in the Other pair of trousers or jacket ? I'm sure that the reply is going to be that none of that ever happens. Yeah right. And I'm a part time space man.

But surely there's a difference between knowing it happens and advertising on here and telling all the misinformed morons it happens? As Ptd87 said, an anti gun/hunting pleb would love to see comments like that, or is he wrong?

Edited by dave88
  • Like 2
44 minutes ago, Meece said:

If I wrote that and my FEO read it I have no doubt I'd be loosing my ticket. A fella on here lost his for having a few bullets knicked with his jacket yet a few on here think it's okay to announce that their kids have access to their guns! :icon_eek:

Edited by Born Hunter

ok lets all bury are heads  in the sand and pretend it never happens , I was brought up in a house that was full of guns my dad was a gun dealer and gun safety was drilled in to me from a very early age and the gun cabinets were locked but not from me they were locked in case the house  got robbed 

3 minutes ago, greg64 said:

ok lets all bury are heads  in the sand and pretend it never happens , I was brought up in a house that was full of guns my dad was a gun dealer and gun safety was drilled in to me from a very early age and the gun cabinets were locked but not from me they were locked in case the house  got robbed 

Like i said pretending it doesn't happen is better than advertising that it does...surely that's asking for trouble?

Edited by dave88
2 minutes ago, greg64 said:

It's not burying our heads, it's following the conditions of our licences. Which if broken leaves the individual open to firearm offence charges and as a community to further legislative restrictions.

All this is a bit of a tangent and all because you didn't like the way the fella educates his kid on responsibility and respect.

1 hour ago, greg64 said:

well I think we will leave it there mate and your right I thought the guy sounded a total prick

Yep, I  agree with that.

And to others.   Don't forget.... Dont  mention the war. If nobody mentions it, it won't exist.

4 hours ago, greg64 said:

My mrs doesn't know where the keys to my gun cabinet are.

I sleep better that way :whistling:

Cheers, D.

• Haha 4

here we go another kid shoots another

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/prosecutor-after-boy-8-shot-sister-mom-went-back-to-work-1.3830928

the parent isnt exactly the brightest button

ASHLAND, Ohio -- An 8-year-old boy loaded a rifle, repeatedly shot his 4-year-old sister at home and then informed their mother, who left work to check the girl's injuries, cleaned up a bloody bed cover and returned to work, leaving the children alone again, a prosecutor said.

Alyssa Edwards, 27, is jailed on child endangerment charges related to the Saturday shooting in Hayesville, about 70 miles (110 kilometres) southwest of Cleveland.

Her attorney, Donald Wick, said Tuesday that he had just received the case and couldn't yet comment.

An arraignment is scheduled Wednesday. She tearfully appeared for court Monday via video and said that there was no information that a magistrate needed to consider before he set her bond at $30,000, The Ashland Times-Gazette reported.

Edwards took the girl to a hospital hours after the shooting, Ashland County Prosecutor Christopher Tunnell said, and the hospital contacted police.

The 4-year-old girl was stable Monday at a children's hospital in Cleveland. Her injuries aren't considered life-threatening, said Ashland County sheriff's Chief Deputy Carl Richert said.

The 8-year-old boy was in the custody of children's services.

The rifle was kept in a gun locker with other firearms, and the boy knew how to open the locker if it was locked, Tunnell said.