can a purebreed beddy be used for coursing rabbits.

On 3/17/2018 at 20:35, Loton Moocher said:

in a old timers years of hunting I never seen a pure bred or hybred beddy catch a heathty coney on the run but get a first x beddy/grey and you cant go wrong atb

+2   yeh, 1x beddy x grey   should do what you need, they not big type x , norm  22-24 in  50 odd lb    spot on that .:thumbs:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

beddywhippet for daytime rabbits every time 

If you want a purebred for rabbits a whippet is the only choice.

I’ve had 3 Bedlingtons and only 1 of them ever caught rabbits on a regular basis and that was in rough cover brambles etc,they are miles behind a rabbit out in the open,go for a Bedlington x whippet l

Posted Images

On 03/03/2018 at 20:40, airedaleman said:

thanks for your attention, i have  hunted now for a couple of years now with rifles and due to the recent passing of my collie i am looking for a new dog to be company for my Airedale. i am thinking about getting a purebred Bedlington terrier , i have been lurchering a couple of times with my mates and enjoyed it. will a purebred be okay. thanks rgeards declan

Tell us about your Airedale, how does it perform?

A decent Beddy whippet will take rabbits and the very odd hare no problem, personally I prefer a Beddy grey as their able for all game. Rabbit numbers can decrease to nothing if they get with RHD or myxi, then take years to come back. My mates patterdale terrier caught the odd rabbit on the lamp  but she wouldnt catch anything during the day.