Another school shooting in America

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually, you are to blame........the society that folk of your political persuasion have fostered and encouraged, the barriers you broke down are directly responsible for those kids deaths imho

amazing hes still alive.....mind you he is white.....

Apologies Stiff I have re read again ,my replies were completely wrong . Hope you can accept I was miles off the mark

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

:whistling: Random internet find..... must be true...... nah second thoughts can't be, it's not 'common sense'.

homicide-vs-firearms-2.jpg

That doesn't prove shit though and I'll admit that straight away. There's broadly a relationship but it doesn't prove it is causal. In fact it could even be an inverse causation. The states with high homicide rates may well have low gun ownership as a consequence of regulation which was DUE TO the high homicide rate. That for anyone that might not understand is critical and objective thinking!

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

How do you feel about 2/3's of recorded US gun deaths being suicides? What about the non-existent school shootings in country schools where most if not all are carrying in the home?

Again the Supreme court has ruled that isn't going to happen at the federal level. Ironically the states that have stricter gun control also have higher crime rates up to and including homicides. Oakland, Detroit, New York etc...

Why worry about armed police in schools? If these shootings are a serious threat then surely not waiting for an armed response unit is a good thing? All police are armed in the US and it goes with the territory. Not to mention that they're enforcing the law for other things not just mass shootings.

That’s not all Oakland, Detroit and New York have in common :whistling:

• Haha 1

Bit more common sense, stricter controls leads to fewer deaths.

guns-top-chart-1203-opencarryupd.png

So to conclude, fewer guns less deaths, more gun control fewer deaths….

As stricter gun controls would likely lead to fewer guns overall in time and in the main leave those guns held by safer citizens, ie less with mental health or criminal backgrounds there would be a double effect.

Sounds plenty sensible to me.

Ps there will always be a criminal element but that is here today as it will be tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Bit more common sense, stricter controls leads to fewer deaths.

guns-top-chart-1203-opencarryupd.png

So to conclude, fewer guns less gun related deaths, more gun control fewer gun related deaths….

Fixed that for ya fella. Because evaluating data (or reading the headings for each column from your table above) clearly isn't your strong point.

Also, if you read the paper you linked from your first post you'd have noted the explicit statement by the author that the data showed no causation. Hence you CANNOT conclude shit other than a correlation. :whistling:

• Thanks 2

“She, like other US students, has grown up learning lockdown drills since she was in elementary school. She remembers her first at seven years old.”

"We all hide in the safest corner, huddle together with our knees up against our chest while our teacher turns off the lights, closes the blinds and locks the door."

I didn’t realize that this is the norm! I’m glad my children go to school in the UK, a country like the USA should bow its head in shame.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43105699

12 minutes ago, sandymere said:

“She, like other US students, has grown up learning lockdown drills since she was in elementary school. She remembers her first at seven years old.”

"We all hide in the safest corner, huddle together with our knees up against our chest while our teacher turns off the lights, closes the blinds and locks the door."

I didn’t realize that this is the norm! I’m glad my children go to school in the UK, a country like the USA should bow its head in shame.

in the schools in my town here in rural saskatchewan all the classroom doors dont have windows

and there is a lock down practice annually. the incidents in america force the canadian schools to take action,just in case,

even though canada is nothing like america

14 minutes ago, sandymere said:

What, that same UK that locks all its children behind security gates and fences?

The Same UK that allows the mass sexual exploitation of vulnerable white girls in the name of “community cohesion”?

The Same UK where people out for a meal on a Friday night are stabbed to death en masse because the police can’t be seen to be racist and tackle the route of the problem.....

You know, that UK you keep voting for.......

Is that the UK you mean?

Do me a f***ing favour ! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, WILF said:

I wonder if we stopped giving out anti depressant medication to kids and adults like f***ing sweets is would have any effect ?

C'mon mate. You're drifting away from the approved narrative here!

2 hours ago, WILF said:

That’s not all Oakland, Detroit and New York have in common :whistling:

You mean presbyterians, catholics and democrats? :hmm:

40 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Do you know they also conduct fire drills, earthquake drills, hurricane drills, and tornado drills as well? They're even so shameful they teach preparedness in case of unemployment, natural or manmade disaster too. Things like having a 72-hour kit in case you get stuck somewhere. :rolleyes:

Sorry mate. I get where you're coming from but you can't stigmatise self-reliance in an age of increasing dependency. In this very thread it's been commented on that it will only get worse and now you're even more of a villain if you teach people how to prepare for the worst. :no:

Edited by ChrisJones
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The last 30 odd years we have seen that which was previously innocent enough banned and things that were once considered hideous made legal?.........does it feel like the world got one bit better?

Does it feel a safer, freer place?........

As I said before, sometimes all the proof you need is right there in front of your eyes and it seems our liberal assault on all that we once held dear has produced a massive shit storm.

Social engineering at its finest ! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

C'mon mate. You're drifting away from the approved narrative here!

You mean presbyterians, catholics and democrats? :hmm:

Do you know they also conduct fire drills, earthquake drills, hurricane drills, and tornado drills as well? They're even so shameful they teach preparedness in case of unemployment, natural or manmade disaster too. Things like having a 72-hour kit in case you get stuck somewhere. :rolleyes:

Sorry mate. I get where you're coming from but you can't stigmatise self-reliance in an age of increasing dependency. In this very thread it's been commented on that it will only get worse and now you're even more of a villain if you teach people how to prepare for the worse. :no:

They must Have been off school the day they prepared in new orleans

• Haha 1