Have you got your shopping done i was asked by 3 women today, theres only 2 days left i was told, whats happening are we under seige. Oh no i forgot its christmas the time of part time insanity, and wandering around shops like MR and MRS wilderbeeste. What the hell is all the panic about its only two bloody days when the shops are closed WTF is all the panic about.

• Like 2

The UK economy is mostly service based, which means that the population has to brainwashed into spending as much money as they can afford, and often a lot more. No matter how strongly I try and resist the general air of 'we must stock up for months in case of ... fill in the blank: snow, siege, global melt down etc etc, I still find myself buying that little bit more food than we actually need for a week. Culture, media: they are all to blame. Kudos to those who go and sit on a mountain for the next week.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Milks the main problem in our house go through up to 12 pint a day an with mild weather can't keep back up supply in the shed like I did at Christmas years ago.

I think you need a couple Holsteins in the garden then ? 

• Haha 1

We had to do a bit of shopping last night - just milk, bread etc, nothing special. Shops weren't too bad, which is just as well........the good Lady BB suddenly "remembered" lots of things that we desperately needed, but I could have sworn we'd already got !

She insisted on getting a litre bottle of brandy (which neither of us drink), because "my dad might like a drop". I should point out that the old boy is in hospital, with complications following knee surgery, and will be there until the New Year !

I drew the line at more sprouts..........there will just be the two of us, as usual, but we've got 2 stalks hanging outside, and  she wanted to buy frozen ones - "just in case". What possible doomsday scenario would require us to have an emergency supply of Brussels sprouts ????

The milk and bread cost me nearly  eighty quid ! :icon_eek:

• Like 2

Suppose I count myself lucky, the wife doesn't like me going shopping with her, says I'm short tempered and rude, but I just can't stand shopping, the crowds and queues etc.

My sole contribution was that a few minutes ago I went to the shed and got the duck out to thaw, and I will make the sausage meat stuffing, and the boxing day stew.

7 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Milks the main problem in our house go through up to 12 pint a day an with mild weather can't keep back up supply in the shed like I did at Christmas years ago.

You can freeze milk, it was normal when I was a youngster and everything shut for a fortnight at Christmas 

Missus "popped out" food shopping to marks and sparks this morning,the store must be f***ing huge as she still isn't back :blink:

went to westfield shopping centre in shepherds bush yesterday,packed,its open till 11pm :icon_eek: