wolf hound x deerhound pups

9 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

it is a minefield.

its really hard to find out what you are allowed to do,its damn easy to find out what you cannot do.

i explained to the officer how the laws are back in UK,almost clear cut across the whole country

here,holy fckng hell ............bang head against the nearest wall.

these officers are quick enough to either write you a fine there and then,arrest you,compound your vehicle and confiscate your dog/firearm.

the amount of run ins i have had with them is beyond even remotely funny

i need a beer

Are there no hunting forums you could find out from? Or just go to where theymade Tin Star fck me you can shoot sheriffs locals etc no probs so should br ok for few rbts hares!! Hope you get it sorted bud. Atb

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks like the one with the white cross on her chest is heading my way this friday ?

Don't get attached to the cats?

Looks like the old deerhoundy types,get one and get it on racoons and coyotes,lucky man  70 odd quid for a pup,puts UK prices into perspective.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Dinosaurs said:

Are there no hunting forums you could find out from? Or just go to where theymade Tin Star fck me you can shoot sheriffs locals etc no probs so should br ok for few rbts hares!! Hope you get it sorted bud. Atb

i am on canada's largest hunting/shooting forum and posted up on there last night

to get folk from ontario saying its fine for them to use dogs.

i am in saskatchewan and the provincial laws are completely different over here.

no one from sask has made a comment as of yet.hunting with dogs is frowned upon were i live.

i am going to screw with the CO when he gets back to me,well thats if he does lol

finally the conservation officer gets back to me

i am allowed to hunt rabbits and hares with my dogs.i am allowed to hunt them also all year round

with a rifle with no calibre restrictions or license.

i am allowed to go ratting on farms with my dogs also.

oh and i cant slip the dog in the town limits on rabbits lol (this is were the majority i have seen)

he did nothing but go on and on about if my dogs are seen off their leash in a field were there is deer in the open,my dogs can be lawfully shot.

i would go as far to say this wasnt a good interaction with a game warden,as i was under the impression he thought my intentions were

to use the dogs to kill deer.this is probably because he asked the breed of dogs and when i mentioned deer/wolfhound his eyes lit up lol

i was hoping he would of said it was illegal to hunt rabbits with dogs,my reply would of been "right on.i will go and buy a fckn cat then"

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

finally the conservation officer gets back to me

i am allowed to hunt rabbits and hares with my dogs.i am allowed to hunt them also all year round

with a rifle with no calibre restrictions or license.

i am allowed to go ratting on farms with my dogs also.

oh and i cant slip the dog in the town limits on rabbits lol (this is were the majority i have seen)

he did nothing but go on and on about if my dogs are seen off their leash in a field were there is deer in the open,my dogs can be lawfully shot.

i would go as far to say this wasnt a good interaction with a game warden,as i was under the impression he thought my intentions were

to use the dogs to kill deer.this is probably because he asked the breed of dogs and when i mentioned deer/wolfhound his eyes lit up lol

i was hoping he would of said it was illegal to hunt rabbits with dogs,my reply would of been "right on.i will go and buy a fckn cat then"

Best just crack on and not worry about it

45 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

What about raccoons/foxes etc mate? A terrier and a big dog seem a good team for f***ing about around brush piles and old barns.

raccooons should be alright to hunt but foxes are a no no as they are a fur bearing animal

there is a local chap who has beagles for rcoons and they chase them up the tree and then they get shot

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Like 1

just been chatting with some canuck in ontario who has been hunting bunnies.

i told him to go get a ferret.............his reply "its illegal to hunt with a ferret"

like WTF

so now some of you can get more of a gist to how FCKD up the laws are over here and how

lucky you are to do what you do over there

13 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

just been chatting with some canuck in ontario who has been hunting bunnies.

i told him to go get a ferret.............his reply "its illegal to hunt with a ferret"

like WTF

so now some of you can get more of a gist to how FCKD up the laws are over here and how

lucky you are to do what you do over there

Just out of curiosity , do the rabbits you have over there go to ground as i was under the impression that theire a different animal as to what we got over here?

45 minutes ago, hollands hope said:

Just out of curiosity , do the rabbits you have over there go to ground as i was under the impression that theire a different animal as to what we got over here?

some do go to ground, i have found warrens but not as many as the hedgerows back home

some just bury under fallen trees.

these cottontails are different to UK rabbits,the first snow in november,they turn white.then the first snow melts

and the rabbits stand out like a sore thumb.you see them everywhere lol

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...