The big question!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never mind the .177 v .22 debate or even the....which is better, tx or pro sport, I have a conundrum......... Do I get off my arse and go out in the 20mph wind and drizzle on the golf course or d

Here we go then but alas I cannot have it on with xmas lights all around..............................................Christmas, bah humbug. Still they keep my grandson happy..........................

We need to start a "show us your log burner" thread 

Posted Images

Last Saturdays Pheasant shoot ,1/2 "snow on the car ,waterlogged fields rain/snow /more rain biting winds and then put barbed wire through me right wellie so spent the last hour with no feeling in my foot and a funny sloshing noise .So get the kettle on and start that dvd up 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, walshie said:

Tssk. I was out shooting for 3 hours in a blizzard the other night. Obviously made of sterner stuff in these parts. :D

There all soft Dave 

oooooo i may get my rifle wet

I may get some mud on it

it may take some time to take it apart and dry it all

i will have to oil it again

so on and so on

its easy any way

just sell the fecking things and take up a hobby you can do in the house :laugh:

I was out the other night ,,,full moon

freezing my b*lls off

every step felt like the mud was trying to rip my boots off did not get to fire off the rifle but hey thats all part of shooting and hunting some days or nights are good some are not :tongue2:

thats the hunting way of life

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

ps,,,wished i had stayed in the house in front of the fire :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, si brown said:

Just been out Matt... should of stuck with your plan!!

its windy freezing and the perm I’ve just been to was Fcukin swamp :(

got 3 rabbits, should of been a lot more! 8326F0CB-8C00-48FD-8CA2-367617C629F1.thumb.jpeg.170089bb0c42343d73e2652a648b6c60.jpeg

Cracking film:)

atb si 

Nicely done Si ?

If I thought I was going to bag even one in the rain I would have ventured out. Getting lazy as I get older I think?

• Like 2
7 hours ago, philpot said:

I'm going stir crazy, desperate to do some target work at range with my rimmy but the winds and rain.....................................film, log burner on and a gin & tonic, shoot another day.

Phil

Here we go Phil. Yet another night of it pal up here.

Screenshot_20171206-080124.png

• Sad 1
15 hours ago, mark williams said:

My shotgun is the only one used in the rain :rtfm:- I can break it down in an instant, dry it and oil it perfectly before it gets put away again under locks and keys.

Im with you on that mate, my synthetic Benelli auto can go from dripping wet to dry and clean in ten mins, hate getting a rifle, air or fullbore wet through, fair enough getting caught out, but setting off in the heavy rain, no thanks.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, steg said:

Very nice mate! 

Personally I  would chuck another log on and tell the missus it going to be cold out tonight.. get a piping hot Indian on the go for tea....... and sit back and watch the layers slowly come off one by one! ? ?

No good with my missus all she would do is fart all night??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Went out today with both the shotgun and rimmy / Rapid fac but the pigeon were not around so the rifles came out, no rain just very strong winds. I set out some targets at 65mt to run a few tests leaning across the car bonnet using a bipod................................well you lot would have p1ssed yourselves as I simply couldn't stay still long enough to keep the cross hairs on the target. My pal had a couple of mags with the Rapid which he is buying off me when his FAC ticket comes through, oh my word any rabbit would have sat and laughed as the safest place was sitting in front of the bullseye.

Not a good day for rifle shooting but really good to get out with a pal and get some fresh air and as a bonus, the estate has cleared some of the trees and undergrowth in two of the little woods for the hounds to get through which has exposed some cracking squirrel dreys and now good access so it is time to make some feeders and stock up on wheat/ peanuts and bird seed then at least if the winds are bad, we can shoot from the shelter of the pine trees. I might even build a roof on the hide so we can shoot in the rain :)

Phil

• Like 1

Here we go then but alas I cannot have it on with xmas lights all around..............................................Christmas, bah humbug. Still they keep my grandson happy...................................wish I could have the fire on though.

DSCF3451_zpsz0asrduq.jpg

Phil

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, villaman said:

Did think about going shooting tonight ,but just came home to this 

IMG_1292.JPG

IMG_1289.JPG

I would park my arse in front of that Mitch and not move if I were you ??

It did it again tonight.....the rain that was forecast actually held off and then just as I'd washed the van out at 5 o'clock it started coming down. Not so much down, more like accross as the bloody gales are back?

• Like 1