Brexit Thread Redux

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I genuinely think it’s more simple than that mate, almost to a man none of them want to leave this massive and very lucrative club for people just like themselves and they have found the way to f**k o

All this could have been avoided, if the EU had had the brains to throw that prick Cameron a bone when he was asking for a different deal for the UK, there never would have been a referendum. The

I had a conversation in the week with a bloke I do business with. He phones up sounding like he is going to be shot at dawn and tells me that another associate has taken over a dealership so now

Posted Images

p05wg4nv.jpg

Poland and Hungary appear to be on paths to what the Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban called "illiberal democracy". What does this mean for the European Union? Naomi Grimley hears how in Hungary a respected newspaper was shut down overnight after criticising government officials. A liberal university is fighting for its survival. In Poland, a popular singer was disinvited from a festival after speaking out against the proposed outlawing of abortion. Laws have been passed which give politicians more control over the appointment of judges. Both countries are in trouble with the European Commission. And yet, the view from Warsaw and Budapest is that their governments were democratically elected, and that they are enacting the will of their peoples - a will that may not be the same as that of Brussels, but has a popular mandate. In Hungary, Naomi is told that the country simply wants to keep its Christian identity. In Poland, the argument is that the changes of the court systems are simply an overdue updating of the judiciary after the Communist era, and that Poland is entitled to develop as its voters see fit. Could their new paths divide East and West and eventually threaten the EU itself?
Lol  let’s hope so 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, green lurchers said:
p05wg4nv.jpg

Poland and Hungary appear to be on paths to what the Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban called "illiberal democracy". What does this mean for the European Union? Naomi Grimley hears how in Hungary a respected newspaper was shut down overnight after criticising government officials. A liberal university is fighting for its survival. In Poland, a popular singer was disinvited from a festival after speaking out against the proposed outlawing of abortion. Laws have been passed which give politicians more control over the appointment of judges. Both countries are in trouble with the European Commission. And yet, the view from Warsaw and Budapest is that their governments were democratically elected, and that they are enacting the will of their peoples - a will that may not be the same as that of Brussels, but has a popular mandate. In Hungary, Naomi is told that the country simply wants to keep its Christian identity. In Poland, the argument is that the changes of the court systems are simply an overdue updating of the judiciary after the Communist era, and that Poland is entitled to develop as its voters see fit. Could their new paths divide East and West and eventually threaten the EU itself?
Lol  let’s hope so 

I work with a polish lad on one hand he thinks brexit is great for us but he says Germany will be glad to see the back of us we have always been the thorn in the side of the "super state" but he worries where that will leave Poland and its identity in the scale of things. ... I think the cracks are there and getting bigger for sure ....in good news a small victory for us today though how much is actually down to us or is pressure  from worried states inside the block I'm not sure . http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43062112

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Just watched Corbyns speech ffs imho his party is still in denial why a lot of northern working class areas voted overwhelmingly to leave the E.U.

I've only caught snippets on the radio but sounds very much like a BINO deal 

9 hours ago, JohnGalway said:

Some twat that Farage, he was over here stealing things just lately.

I think the EU commission have played Varadkar like a fiddle and just like Britain’s own mob, he was happy to bend over in order to kiss their arse.

I think his time would be much better served actually trying to talk sense and make sure Ireland comes away from all this in the best position possible.

But hey, like every other memeber state that isn’t France or Germany, I guess he will just do as he is told.