Brexit Thread Redux

20 minutes ago, JohnGalway said:

Greece fiddled it's books knowingly to get into the Euro. I've been to Greece, three things I took away from the place.

A lot of the men are treated like spoilt children, expecting women to wait on them.

There was open disregard for law, I saw bribery happen, I saw common sense road safety breached (160kph centre solid double lines of a 4 lane road) as no punishment could be levelled against the offender.

I saw how part of their tax system doesn't work. You pay tax after completing the construction of a house. Therefore if you want a two storey house, you apply for a three storey house and finish it to two point something stage - then never pay the tax as officially it never gets completed.

That was just what I saw, on holidays.

A lot of the Greeks problems are home grown within their culture.

So does that mean in your opinion they were treated totally fairly by the EU then?

See, there a little scam that criminals are well known for and it go’s like this.....

I see you have a lot of nice things but I also see your that you are just earning an ordinary living, you have inherited some nice stuff but your income means you never quiet get the finer things in life.........

Ao what I do is appeal to your desire, I say “hello mate, I’m your new best friend.....you have struggled for years and everyone round you has got a new car except you.......why don’t you borrow some money off me at an extremely low interest rate, don’t worry I’ll look after you”

”but what about repayments you say, what about if I can’t afford it”

”Dont worry about a thing “I say, “I told you, I’ll look after and protect you”

And so, you take the money and life is good......I tell you that you can have more, no bother and I give you a friendly smile and a pat on the back.

After a while, you owe me a fortune......then I come along and say “Sorry John, situation has changed mate......you owe me all this money and the interest is through the roof and getting more massive by the day”

You try paying me back but you can’t.......so now I turn up at your house with 6 of my pals and a baseball bat.

You beg me for more time so I say “I’ll lend you some more to meet the first repayment and see what you can do after that”

I know you won’t be able to pay, you are too far in.......so I come back to your house and say “I want all your things or I am going to break your legs” and, as I knew all along you would, you hand over all your best stuff.

And.......you still owe me the money 

Brilliant when you think about it is t it ;)

• Like 1

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I genuinely think it’s more simple than that mate, almost to a man none of them want to leave this massive and very lucrative club for people just like themselves and they have found the way to f**k o

All this could have been avoided, if the EU had had the brains to throw that prick Cameron a bone when he was asking for a different deal for the UK, there never would have been a referendum. The

I had a conversation in the week with a bloke I do business with. He phones up sounding like he is going to be shot at dawn and tells me that another associate has taken over a dealership so now

Posted Images

Just now, WILF said:

Oh, I agree but it don’t make it right and it don’t make it any less criminal does it 

Criminality in what precisely? That was a nice story but fair short on concrete verifiable evidence. 

If your outgoings are more than your incomings your upkeep will be your downfall.

Hardly rocket science.

1 hour ago, JohnGalway said:

Greece fiddled it's books knowingly to get into the Euro. I've been to Greece, three things I took away from the place.

A lot of the men are treated like spoilt children, expecting women to wait on them.

There was open disregard for law, I saw bribery happen, I saw common sense road safety breached (160kph centre solid double lines of a 4 lane road) as no punishment could be levelled against the offender.

I saw how part of their tax system doesn't work. You pay tax after completing the construction of a house. Therefore if you want a two storey house, you apply for a three storey house and finish it to two point something stage - then never pay the tax as officially it never gets completed.

That was just what I saw, on holidays.

A lot of the Greeks problems are home grown within their culture.

John, you are obviously not a stupid man.....do you really beleive that the best financial minds in the world got fooled by Greece and totally didn’t see they had fiddled the books?

In fact, everyone knew they had had fiddled the books before they even joined.......come on mate, don’t let yourself down.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, WILF said:

John, you are obviously not a stupid man.....do you really beleive that the best financial minds in the world got fooled by Greece and totally didn’t see they had fiddled the books?

In fact, everyone knew they had had fiddled the books before they even joined.......come on mate, don’t let yourself down.

I actually don't care about Greece, based on the things I outlined. I deal with documents from Government many times a year. Most have written warnings in one form or another regarding fraud. If I give you a loaded gun, it doesn't follow you must shoot yourself with it simply because you have access to it.

If it rains in July the brexiteer will blame the EU. People have to own up to their own responsibilities.

I guarantee with my left nut, every accounting house in Europe in the late 70's knew, Greece was on a fiddle on the run up to their membership! The problem was No one wanted to upset the future EU plan Apple cart. Greece joining the Euro in the first wave was the worst mistake ever. Even wealthy countries like France and Holland struggled, others are still fuucker (Spain where I live). Greece was tucked up by it's own council estate lenders, their bigger city bosses and the people's own naivety;)

3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

We end up still in the EU! :D

Give me the collapse of civilisation over that any day. LOL

I was thinking more of when it happens what is the absolute bottom line for Britain?

I accept negotiations for the best trade deals should be taken but if nothing is negotiated and the time expires what is the worst that can happen to Britain at that nadir?

3 minutes ago, kanny said:

That's your party invitation in the bin lol 

Wasn't much fun being in the back seat of a Merc doing 160kph + on double solid lines on  busy four lane two way road. With fat boy Adonis having the CB in one hand, his mobile pressed to his ear with the other hand and the radio turned up high enough to render both useless.

Edited by JohnGalway
  • Like 1
Just now, JohnGalway said:

Wasn't much fun being in the back seat of a Merc doing 160kph + on double solid lines on  busy four lane two way road. With fat boy Adonis having the CB in one hand, his mobile pressed to his ear and the radio turned up high enough to render both useless.

:laugh: