Brexit Thread Redux

53 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’m not personally involved at this level of European Union negotiations but I’m sure people would be fine with it when they’re compensated 

Can't say I share your optimism and simplistic view of the situation. I think you're underestimating just how close to the surface tensions still are TBH.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I genuinely think it’s more simple than that mate, almost to a man none of them want to leave this massive and very lucrative club for people just like themselves and they have found the way to f**k o

All this could have been avoided, if the EU had had the brains to throw that prick Cameron a bone when he was asking for a different deal for the UK, there never would have been a referendum. The

I had a conversation in the week with a bloke I do business with. He phones up sounding like he is going to be shot at dawn and tells me that another associate has taken over a dealership so now

Posted Images

It’s backwards as really isn’t it.......I’m sure there are still a few bar room Napoleons about but I have to say most of the folk I have become friendly with the last few years would think those people as big a mongs as I would.

As Voon says (rightly I think) it’s baffling why governments are playing to these no hopers

• Like 1

I reckon, what with the current world situation and Islamic terrorism, nobody is going to tolerate terrorist in their midst again......if anyone rears their ugly head in any type of serious fashion they will just get rinsed.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, WILF said:

I reckon, what with the current world situation and Islamic terrorism, nobody is going to tolerate terrorist in their midst again......if anyone rears their ugly head in any type of serious fashion they will just get rinsed.

Spot on.

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/how-911-ended-americas-love-affair-with-the-provos-28495106.html

2 hours ago, WILF said:

It’s backwards as really isn’t it.......I’m sure there are still a few bar room Napoleons about but I have to say most of the folk I have become friendly with the last few years would think those people as big a mongs as I would.

As Voon says (rightly I think) it’s baffling why governments are playing to these no hopers

Peace and the gradual ongoing change in attitudes hasn't come about by accident it's thanks to the careful balance achieved through the peace process and the GFA and if you don't think erecting a hard border and all that would go along with it runs a very real risk of disturbing that balance and bringing old tensions to the fore then I'd say you don't understand the situation in Ireland (and especially the North) as well as you think pal.

I don’t think your grasping the concept of How the military have evolved since the ceasefires in noi 

believe me there are people probably watching these developments with baited breath 

the level of equipment , the professional skill set of the average soldier has increased tenfold in the interim, after all there’s been two wars. 

The tactics utilised by the provos then , would be laughable to today’s army and in the main countered much more effectively now than then. 

• Like 1

All this could have been avoided, if the EU had had the brains to throw that prick Cameron a bone when he was asking for a different deal for the UK, there never would have been a referendum.

They underestimates just what the collective British people’s attitude to such things are......as did I If I’m honest.

I thought that good old British “f**k off” attitude had been well and truly killed off.....but there it was on the morning of the result and i for  one felt true joy.

Nobody can understand it, only we get it........underneath the cup of tea and jolly good old chap we are a bunch of f***ing thugs really.......great stuff ! 

If I was the EU I’d stop kicking the UK..........the UK won’t forget and we will f**k the whole job up if that’s the road they want to go down, it’s in our nature.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

All this could have been avoided, if the EU had had the brains to throw that prick Cameron a bone when he was asking for a different deal for the UK, there never would have been a referendum.

They underestimates just what the collective British people’s attitude to such things are......as did I If I’m honest.

I thought that good old British “f**k off” attitude had been well and truly killed off.....but there it was on the morning of the result and i for  one felt true joy.

Nobody can understand it, only we get it........underneath the cup of tea and jolly good old chap we are a bunch of f***ing thugs really.......great stuff ! 

If I was the EU I’d stop kicking the UK..........the UK won’t forget and we will f**k the whole job up if that’s the road they want to go down, it’s in our nature.

the way i see it wilf, merkel looses grip france folds all them eu leaders get fkd off and the eu folds 

• Like 3

There are people on both sides of the divide who never wanted peace. They made to much money and enjoyed all the Murder and mayhem.

However Fortunaetly the actual people who matter were sick of it all and the so called leaders of the parlimitaries who when werent killing each other wereturning on there own. With punishment shootings under the guise of patriotisim when the fact was they were done in order to consolidate there own drug trades and extorsion rackets!

They are grasping at anything to try and fire up the troubles again. This brexit fiasco is a last ditch attempt.but its a busted flush they will never achieve it or ever weild the same power they had over the people. As the people have tasted peace and normality and have no desire to return to the mayhem!

• Thanks 1

The Simon Coveny wants to get a grip, lecturing folk about what they can and can’t do when as a country they can’t even provide 21st century internet to a country of only 4 million people......that in itself would be a massive economic boost.

f**k me, most people don’t know how to use a post code although in fairness they have only had them 2 years !! 

f***ing telling us what’s what, cheeky c**t ! 

1 hour ago, WILF said:

The Simon Coveny wants to get a grip, lecturing folk about what they can and can’t do when as a country they can’t even provide 21st century internet to a country of only 4 million people......that in itself would be a massive economic boost.

f**k me, most people don’t know how to use a post code although in fairness they have only had them 2 years !! 

Well, ye told us what to do for 800 years.....about time ye got a taste of your own medicine...??....go on Coveney ya blueshirt..... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, WILF said:

Simon Coveney is possibly one of the people on this planet I dislike the most.

But, against an attitude like you seem to hold based on your comments here I'll back him to the hilt :thumbs:

• Like 1
18 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’m not personally involved at this level of European Union negotiations but I’m sure people would be fine with it when they’re compensated 

It would depend on the level of compensation and which side of the divide it comes from. Many moons ago, when I actually worked for a living, we were disconnecting lead water pipes from old terraced houses, in Burnley. The entire street was set for demolition and there was a retired couple who's outdoor toilet was getting shut off so we did them a solid and replaced it with plastic. They were the last couple on the street. Been there for decades. All the sentimental stuff and the memories. They were completely gutted that they had to move.

They were being compensated twice market value for their house. A whopping total of 12 grand. Those involved said that it was well more than fair as it was twice the market value! The board on the end of the street announced that there was a new housing development coming in and if you sign up now they'll sell you a house in the £130k's...

Depending on which side of the divide you were on the house was either a roadblock or absolutely priceless and neither thought that the compensation was fair. With this particular situation and the excuses that certain mindsets need to kick off, I could see where this could be a flashpoint. While I'm sure the majority have moved on there are always a vocal minority intent on ruining it for everyone else.

• Like 2