Brexit Thread Redux

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I genuinely think it’s more simple than that mate, almost to a man none of them want to leave this massive and very lucrative club for people just like themselves and they have found the way to f**k o

All this could have been avoided, if the EU had had the brains to throw that prick Cameron a bone when he was asking for a different deal for the UK, there never would have been a referendum. The

I had a conversation in the week with a bloke I do business with. He phones up sounding like he is going to be shot at dawn and tells me that another associate has taken over a dealership so now

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, JohnGalway said:

If you want to look into it, I don't believe the referendum has legal weight, it's a recommendation to government, not an order, if I remember right.

HMG seem to disagree with you. The problem is that other countries have their interests and will represent them to the best of their ability. UK gov at least recognise that, and that if they wish to proceed into the future then shoving two fingers to all and sundry isn't in the UK's best interests.

The era of gunboat diplomacy is long past.

I think you are right, it wasn’t legally binding but there was a commitment to honour the vote......I mean how you going to look a demorcratic majority in the eye and say “sorry wrong answer boys”.........although it has been done more than once in other countries :laugh:

Honouring what your people vote for isn’t shoving two fingers up......you shouldn’t be beating another nation with a stick for doing that or making it as awkward as possible.

If you beleive in democracy you make it happen and swallow any bitter medicine that comes with it in my opinion.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, BGD said:

And what exactly does it entail? Being such a strong proponent of a so called "hard Brexit" you must have a pretty good idea?

Imho it mean get out......and deal with the rest after that.

no gain without pain !

7 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

we all voted for our own interests mine was fk the eu leftie machine  cant you get that ?

That was your motivation for voting leave I get that fine but what does "fk the eu leftie machine" entail? What are the consequences good and bad? How does it effect the UK's relationship with it's biggest trading partner going forward?

1 minute ago, BGD said:

That was your motivation for voting leave I get that fine but what does "fk the eu leftie machine" entail? What are the consequences good and bad? How does it effect the UK's relationship with it's biggest trading partner going forward?

Who gives a f**k, everything ends up where it should be in the end mate.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

I think you are right, it wasn’t legally binding but there was a commitment to honour the vote......I mean how you going to look a demorcratic majority in the eye and say “sorry wrong answer boys”.........although it has been done more than once in other countries :laugh:

Honouring what your people vote for isn’t shoving two fingers up......you shouldn’t be beating another nation with a stick for doing that or making it as awkward as possible.

If you beleive in democracy you make it happen and swallow any bitter medicine that comes with it in my opinion.

Ah, but who's democracy? Only the UK voted for brexit. There's no onus of the rest of us in the EU to solve brexit's many problems for the brexiteers. 

You're right on the commitment. But I'd caution on relying on a politicians promise. They are reliably unreliable.

Other nations are, rightly, protecting their own interests. UK bought the problem by voting brexit. Leaving the solutions on the back on the UK seems reasonable to me.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JohnGalway said:

Ah, but who's democracy? Only the UK voted for brexit. There's no onus of the rest of us in the EU to solve brexit's many problems for the brexiteers. 

You're right on the commitment. But I'd caution on relying on a politicians promise. They are reliably unreliable.

Other nations are, rightly, protecting their own interests. UK bought the problem by voting brexit. Leaving the solutions on the back on the UK seems reasonable to me.

Now that I totally agree with.

10 minutes ago, BGD said:

Haha  that's for the experts to work out I just helped them have the chance to fk off the eu the  human rights bullshit aka protect the scumbags , and put uk citizens first not freeloaders with no input into these shores  and before you try to work anything out I've been brought up bang in the face with the scum labour shipped in  ?Have you ?

Edited by green lurchers
4 minutes ago, JohnGalway said:

the ROI should leave it too and join the uk, in my mind Ireland was better with punt, but the money grabbing elite wont let it happen, best to jump before the whole eu shits itself

Just now, Lenmcharristar said:

the ROI should leave it too and join the uk, in my mind Ireland was better with punt, but the money grabbing elite wont let it happen, best to jump before the whole eu shits itself

Never happen, we've great time for ye but ye overstayed the last invitation :thumbs: