Double bow back ferret box

jok

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try telling the ferret that when the box is on the floor and the air temp is 2c with a wind chill of -5 and they got that ice cold wind blasting through the front of the box. The box design that

You need a sharper saw, that way it wont rip the edges of you ply when it's cut.  

Mine have a cup of tea ... whenever we stop for a brew or food I pour some tea into a shallow bowl allow it to go cold and bobs your uncle ... the ferrets love it ... that little bit of caffeine gives

Posted Images

8 hours ago, moxy said:

They're no good in your garage! To be fair I had forgot all about them pal. Drop me a pm when you have decided what you want to do with them. 

Thanks 

I reckon just box them up and courier them to you. Then you can decide where they are going. I'm guessing you can access the original listing of all the titles and authors. If that's the case let me know which ones are of interest. Anything else I can take down St. Giles. Jok.

2 hours ago, jok said:

I reckon just box them up and courier them to you. Then you can decide where they are going. I'm guessing you can access the original listing of all the titles and authors. If that's the case let me know which ones are of interest. Anything else I can take down St. Giles. Jok.

I will try find it and let you know ?

A ferret can NEVER have too much air flow ,they over heat and can cook in a few minutes very much the same as a dog in a poorly ventilated box .I'd much rather have too much air flow than not enough as the ferret has its very own coat in the form of fur to help keep it warm .

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Aussie Whip said:

I use cat carry boxes here in western nsw and don't hunt much in summer with snakes and heat,can't wait for autumn.NZ would be a top place to ferret and run your dogs.

That's what I use & even go one step further ...I use a all wire cage during the heat  summer,its in play now ,filled with plenty of straw so the ferrets can burrow down to keep out of the wind as it just sits on my flat deck behind the dog boxes.

Yes atm new Zealand has in parts ALOT of rabbits in fact Id say populations are at a 20 year high.In the dryer areas of central otago its not uncommon  to see several hundred rabbits feeding in the fields as dusk sets in .Its a huge problem ,we don't have seasons ,we don't have limits ,the hubble rabbit is regarded as a super pest   

• Like 1

Good idea,your one lucky bloke,here atm rabbits are only in small pockets in the central tablelnds nsw.Everyone hunts pigs here  apart frpm a handful of die hard ferreters and there running dogs.Rabbit populations have been decimated by myxi and other viruses.Unlike pig doggers its easy to get permission here to ferret but just no numbers.Years ago we used to get 300 odd for a weekend now lucky to get 30.

7 hours ago, toolebox said:

A ferret can NEVER have too much air flow ,they over heat and can cook in a few minutes very much the same as a dog in a poorly ventilated box .I'd much rather have too much air flow than not enough as the ferret has its very own coat in the form of fur to help keep it warm .

Try telling the ferret that when the box is on the floor and the air temp is 2c with a wind chill of -5 and they got that ice cold wind blasting through the front of the box.

The box design that jok has pics of is good for Summer ferreting. But no good for winter ferreting.

I would say it has it's uses to the payed pest controller who is out in the summer.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, king said:

Try telling the ferret that when the box is on the floor and the air temp is 2c with a wind chill of -5 and they got that ice cold wind blasting through the front of the box.

The box design that jok has pics of is good for Summer ferreting. But no good for winter ferreting.

I would say it has it's uses to the payed pest controller who is out in the summer.

Or those of us who live in a warmer climate :yes:

• Like 1

Its all horses for courses our winters can be cold wet and windy, i try and keep them dry and warm. So just a few holes is fine for mine. But for you guys in warmer climates its the opposite, so each to are own and customise are boxes to suit. Atb

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

Got a cracking made box bow back can get 4 Jill's in.it £26 delivered to my door no fancy shite great price and we'll made 

Get a pic up.

I bought 1 off a lad on here I think it was 35 delivered.

My other 1 jill box I bought for £2 had it about 15yrs now.

I think it's an old railway tool box.

20170110_130627.thumb.jpg.02f455abe41ac67738f6b3d0cfa06b1f.jpg