Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Accip74

Great Neighbours!

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, WILF said:

My nearest neighbour is an Austrian couple about 3/4 mile down the road and they keep goats and chickens.

She has a reputation as a very hard nosed type of woman.

when I first moved here my old lurcher and terrier took themselves for a walk down the road and wound up in their yard with the chickens.

She was absolutely hysterical, so I let her go on for a while and said “I’m very sorry this has upset you, if anything is dead come round, tell me what is dead and I will replace everything 2 for 1”

She looked at me like I was joking......and started to go on again so I said “no, I’m serious, 2 for 1 and the very best of whatever you want.....you will have it next day”

I went up there the following morning and asked her what was dead......nothing she said, I just got a bit panicky.

so I said, “well give it a couple of days and if anything dies unexpectly and you think it’s my fault just come and tell me”

and that was the end of it.......she has been nice as pie ever since, the locals can’t beleive it because to everyone else she is a ball breaker ! 

The Mrs is Austrian (sour faced cnut 😂) and I've a couple of mates who are Austrian too... they definitely have a touch of miserable about them. Never seen one smile, without complaining in the next sentence 🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you don't get many neighbours like that,things like this when they happen nearly always end in big fall outs,im glad it worked out well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, WILF said:

My nearest neighbour is an Austrian couple about 3/4 mile down the road and they keep goats and chickens.

She has a reputation as a very hard nosed type of woman.

when I first moved here my old lurcher and terrier took themselves for a walk down the road and wound up in their yard with the chickens.

She was absolutely hysterical, so I let her go on for a while and said “I’m very sorry this has upset you, if anything is dead come round, tell me what is dead and I will replace everything 2 for 1”

She looked at me like I was joking......and started to go on again so I said “no, I’m serious, 2 for 1 and the very best of whatever you want.....you will have it next day”

I went up there the following morning and asked her what was dead......nothing she said, I just got a bit panicky.

so I said, “well give it a couple of days and if anything dies unexpectly and you think it’s my fault just come and tell me”

and that was the end of it.......she has been nice as pie ever since, the locals can’t beleive it because to everyone else she is a ball breaker ! 

That's the way to treat people. In life you generally get back what you give out.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an empty semi derelict cottage on one side and a f***ing Lane on the other which at certain times has more fecking ramblers horse riders dog walkers etc than I care for. Who needs neighbours 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round there yesterday with beer & a specially made-up box of chocolates. She didn't want to take them & Insisted I should come round & drink the beer with her husband!

They also have a great vet it seems. Who gave them the same advice over the phone I did without coming out & charging them money for old rope. So I got away with a vets bill as well.....;-)

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

E-Collar arrived today from my mate. Shit just got real for Otto.......:laugh:

Edited by Accip74

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

E-Collar arrived today from my mate. Shit just got real for Otto.......:laugh:

glad it worked out for you, but easiest  solution , is the dogs stay in a kennel and run, and  put up better fence, you might think extreme , but it not mate  bad  neighbours  can be a nightmare , better to   keep your self to your self , that way then .NO neighbour  can have anything on you .:yes:   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bird said:

glad it worked out for you, but easiest  solution , is the dogs stay in a kennel and run, and  put up better fence, you might think extreme , but it not mate  bad  neighbours  can be a nightmare , better to   keep your self to your self , that way then .NO neighbour  can have anything on you .:yes:   

It happened because I had him loose bird, which was regular. The fence is pretty good, but a couple of places he could scramble under. I just can't take that risk again & I like him loose when I'm about, which is every day & if he got loose when I'm not about it would be carnage. So I'll try the collar now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My question would be, as a responsible bloke like you seem, how did the dog have the means to get under the fence to start with, you say you dreaded it happening, now be a decent neighbour yourself and put things in place so it can't happen.

 

fair play to next door though, they handled it properly, just make sure you do your part

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rabid said:

My question would be, as a responsible bloke like you seem, how did the dog have the means to get under the fence to start with, you say you dreaded it happening, now be a decent neighbour yourself and put things in place so it can't happen.

 

fair play to next door though, they handled it properly, just make sure you do your part

It's like this mate. It's their fence. I have my garden split in three. In the middle section I have my dog tethered to a 20m running line. He is secure throughout the day. During the day I take him lose down the last bit which borders the goat paddock. It's on a slope, so I throw a ball for him to retrieve back up the slope for fitness. I got talking to the neighbour over the fence & took my mind off him & he got under. Unsupervised he would not of had the chance, but I can't risk it again.

There's a couple spots I'll look at, but I'm not spending money on their fence. I'd rather make sure he wants nothing to do with that goat again. I'll arrange to go in there with him on a long line & the collar,

Edited by Accip74

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pity you could not locate a billy goat which takes no nonsense for dogs. Pen them together for five minutes. Hey presto. Once had a daft lurcher that was cured of a sheep problem that way. Good luck with the collar. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently you should beat him senseless with a dead goat and then tie it to his collar and make him drag it around for a couple of weeks? I'm sure I read that gem on here a few years back lol 😂 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/11/2017 at 22:10, Accip74 said:

E-Collar arrived today from my mate. Shit just got real for Otto.......:laugh:

How's it going? You zapped him yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

How's it going? You zapped him yet?

No mate. Been busy throughout the days on the wkend. I need to arrange it with them. Hopefully next wkend  :thumbs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...