Cork White Terrier

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They look like old style russells, there is no set type. Smooth,Rough coated, Prick, drop ears, tall, short. What they share IMO is a history of working to a high standard. Kennels that keep a focu

There were several dogs in that era that came from the pound. Frank Lo...... dog Prince came from a pound through Lee in Dublin. A great terrier who was still working at 10 years plus in 83. He appe

TT,   This is just my opinion.   I'm sure if you go back through the lines from certain kennels you will find different types including a Glen and others. There is Fell (A John Park bred dog call

Posted Images

Ebt is back a good bit in him but Its just the stamp thrown from them f.m

What would be the consistency in litters work wise as i have seen several of that type down the years and the % of workers as to non-workers is very low or they been too big for earth work.Dont get me wrong i have seen some real good working terriers fron this type but some are way way too big and the difference in some litters was unbelievable,from small tidy digging dogs to out and out monsters with the will to work but size would not allow them.I have also seen and been told of these biggish terriers that dig in so tight that they eventually block off there own air supply and the rest is history,now it can happen with any game terrier,we lost a very good bitch start of last season in just that way but with big dogs i reckon it would be more frequent due to there size that is if they were game enough to push tight to get to there quarry.I was recently speaking with a man from cork that keeps this type and his father before him has kept them all his life and he told me some of there terriers could be 30lb plus and with height to go with it now these to my mind are way too big for digging dogs but if they have the earths suitable for these dogs then crack on.

• Like 1

There was four pups in his litter three are working to high standard f.m , I havnt seen any real big big dogs in that line they come tall and narrow 90% of the time and other 10% you'd be able to dig in most big earths, but as you stated a few push on too tight and cut the air to themselves in process

• Like 1