• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

Looks like a rotten tree trunk to me.

come on you got a do better than that, if the camera has been in place for three years do you not think someone would have noticed a cat shaped tree trunk a little sooner, you have to realise there would be hundreds of piccys taken over the years and every leaf and twig in the frame will be known to the camera owner, so what ever it is it was 100 percent walking past the camera

yes mate l know the couple involved not well but I,ve met them, they do the same thing as me and feed there findings to the same group that I do, but they are up near Stroud on the edge of the Cotswolds, what do you think of it, still not the 10/10 picture we are after but getting closer,

This is the best of their pictures .

ANDY-RULE-JULY-2016-1.jpg

The ears look very pointy , almost like a dog with clipped ears like the great danes have in america .

I do like the way theyve done this . Would be very beneficial if they had these with most pictures. Really gives you a idea of scale

ANDY-RULE-JULY-2016-4.jpg

Genuine question for you Greyman . With that picture . They have a still of it walking to the left . How come their wasnt more pictures from when it crossed the camera length . IE . walking in from the right to left?

come on you got a do better than that, if the camera has been in place for three years do you not think someone would have noticed a cat shaped tree trunk a little sooner, you have to realise there would be hundreds of piccys taken over the years and every leaf and twig in the frame will be known to the camera owner, so what ever it is it was 100 percent walking past the camera

Shame he didn't shoot it with .243 then we would know :)

we seem to be going backwards here a little bit have you ever made a video of you doing pad work?

yes mate l know the couple involved not well but I,ve met them, they do the same thing as me and feed there findings to the same group that I do, but they are up near Stroud on the edge of the Cotswolds, what do you think of it, still not the 10/10 picture we are after but getting closer,

The ears look very pointy , almost like a dog with clipped ears like the great danes have in america .

I do like the way theyve done this . Would be very beneficial if they had these with most pictures. Really gives you a idea of scale

Genuine question for you Greyman . With that picture . They have a still of it walking to the left . How come their wasnt more pictures from when it crossed the camera length . IE . walking in from the right to left?

its all to do with the trigger times of the camera used, dearer ones tend to trigger quicker than cheap ones and as the battery,s go down it gets slower again I change my battery,s at 80percent as that seems to be the point they start to get slower but it works out more expensive and I know many let there battery's go to almost flat, the scaling photos are done on all the good pictures but tend not to get shown as much there are much more in depth scaling photos within the group of this and many of the other cat sightings from around the country like the quantocks sighting a while back that photo has been overshot also the seen of the photo visited and a sizing frame put up were the cat was standing which is how I know it was a four foot long two foot tall animal,

we seem to be going backwards here a little bit have you ever made a video of you doing pad work?

Well to me if it was a mammal or reptile its physical appearance looks slow easy prey for a fox/badger,unless of course its much bigger.

Here's a big cat story a mate was night fishing and had a big black cat milling about in his swim he froze and watched it leave. Then ran to my house at 3am in bits he was well traumatized by it I had to go back with him at first light to get his gear. I saw no tracks but he 100% sure he saw a puma from very close quarters.

Same land group blokes working for forestry all split up working different areas when panic button was hit on radio by someone on a JCB boring holes and saw big black cat he also well shocked

This area has some rich people living around and I believe these cats were once exotic pets that were released when new licencing laws came about and have maybe bred.

Who knows what that is in the picture mate, shame these cameras don't do video.

Cheers

Well to me if it was a mammal or reptile its physical appearance looks slow easy prey for a fox/badger,unless of course its much bigger.

Here's a big cat story a mate was night fishing and had a big black cat milling about in his swim he froze and watched it leave. Then ran to my house at 3am in bits he was well traumatized by it I had to go back with him at first light to get his gear. I saw no tracks but he 100% sure he saw a puma from very close quarters.

Same land group blokes working for forestry all split up working different areas when panic button was hit on radio by someone on a JCB boring holes and saw big black cat he also well shocked

This area has some rich people living around and I believe these cats were once exotic pets that were released when new licencing laws came about and have maybe bred.

Who knows what that is in the picture mate, shame these cameras don't do video.

Cheers

I run all my cameras on video mode for this excact reason mate, they trigger slower, and the battery's don't last as long but a video will be the only way to prove without doubt what you are looking at, fishermen are a good source of sightings mate as they are out and about at the same time same with lampers

its all to do with the trigger times of the camera used, dearer ones tend to trigger quicker than cheap ones and as the battery,s go down it gets slower again I change my battery,s at 80percent as that seems to be the point they start to get slower but it works out more expensive and I know many let there battery's go to almost flat, the scaling photos are done on all the good pictures but tend not to get shown as much there are much more in depth scaling photos within the group of this and many of the other cat sightings from around the country like the quantocks sighting a while back that photo has been overshot also the seen of the photo visited and a sizing frame put up were the cat was standing which is how I know it was a four foot long two foot tall animal,

Wild boar for me that quantocks

farmer called up to say hes lost a few lambs,and also down in one field by the ditch was a dead sheep,ive put a sheet over it,cause its near a footpath,ill pick it up in morn he said.

well we went out looking for fox ,i lifted the sheet pitch black,and fuk me i nearly shit myself.a large sheep,stripped out from the spine down,i started looking behind me,anyway i put some sand down,and next day it was badger prints.they love a bit of meat.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
http://i4.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/article267728.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/CaptureJPG.jpg don't know if my link will work it's the third report this week if it does,nt could someone add it its on Gloucester live about a group of walkers lost in woodchester and stalked for over a mile by a black cat cheers Edited by Greyman
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic