Whippets Preban

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whippets are for real hunters that want to catch small prey rabbits ect, not for the big ruffty tuffty hunter thats trying to get bigger game like an internet ego.

Lol I've had a few whippets over the years, all pure whippet, but only two not being kc registered. And when out in the field, all of them being afraid of nothing, and keen as f**k to get at and get

1/2whippet in this we bitch and she is deadly on the rabbits don't think I would be without a dog with whippet in it for the rabbits

Posted Images

They're great to watch run,even just after a lure or tennis ball.

the downside being how injury prone they are,but you can't have it all.

would you say thats just whippets ped or none ped whippets , would grews = whippet x grey be any tougher regards taking bangs and bumps , being larger frame dogs , the none ped whippets went up to 34lb tough little dogs , but i know what you mean you had to try and be bit careful with them, my little none ped 20 lb bitch , like little mouse around the house lol , but if she ran anything day/night she was bloody mad heart in mouth stuff with her :doh:

would you say thats just whippets ped or none ped whippets , would grews = whippet x grey be any tougher regards taking bangs and bumps , being larger frame dogs , the none ped whippets went up to 34lb tough little dogs , but i know what you mean you had to try and be bit careful with them, my little none ped 20 lb bitch , like little mouse around the house lol , but if she ran anything day/night she was bloody mad heart in mouth stuff with her :doh:

I've only seen a couple of none peds run so can't really comment,but I can't imagine greyhound blood toughening any dog up very much.

I've only seen a couple of none peds run so can't really comment,but I can't imagine greyhound blood toughening any dog up very much.

yeh prob kill it quicker lol, you never know maybe drop of saluki in there might just slow it just a bit, and in doing so might not be so reckless , as pure whippets can be when after quarry. but alway got a soft spot for none peds , after having had one . :thumbs:

• Like 1

yeh prob kill it quicker lol, you never know maybe drop of saluki in there might just slow it just a bit, and in doing so might not be so reckless , as pure whippets can be when after quarry. but alway got a soft spot for none peds , after having had one . :thumbs:

Yeah a mate up north has what he calls 'rough whippets' they're mostly whippet with a bit of lurcher quite far back,they're good to see run but still tough.

The one I seen last had a tiny amount of collie and beddy in it way back,but Saluki would probably be better.

image_zpscdla9otj.jpeg

heres my mates whippet,now before i write about him....I WOULDNT HAVE ONE IN MY WAY AT THIS POINT AND TIME OF MY LIFE.........BUT this little cnut is nuts,hes had fox and ferral cats and anyhing else that he comes across,the little f****r last week jumped a 5 ft stable door and killed a ferret belonging to my mate..hes tried to break the whippet to ferrets from day one but this dog isnt wired right,he will tackle anything single handed and will take copious amounts of punishment while doing so...and it can be a long drawn out affair.hes even tackled and held on to a big yoke with the company of another dog,,,he knows no bounds....

IMAG0325_zpsey7ov3ow.jpg

but what a fabulous family pet his is too,,,,but i still wouldnt have one for all the tea in china

• Like 3

image_zpscdla9otj.jpeg

heres my mates whippet,now before i write about him....I WOULDNT HAVE ONE IN MY WAY AT THIS POINT AND TIME OF MY LIFE.........BUT this little cnut is nuts,hes had fox and ferral cats and anyhing else that he comes across,the little f****r last week jumped a 5 ft stable door and killed a ferret belonging to my mate..hes tried to break the whippet to ferrets from day one but this dog isnt wired right,he will tackle anything single handed and will take copious amounts of punishment while doing so...and it can be a long drawn out affair.hes even tackled and held on to a big yoke with the company of another dog,,,he knows no bounds....

IMAG0325_zpsey7ov3ow.jpg

but what a fabulous family pet his is too,,,,but i still wouldnt have one for all the tea in china

his he a pure whippet , or something else in him .?

Horses for courses. They are a rabbiting dog but capable of more. if you stumble across something bigger then dependent on the individual dog you might have some joy. Definately capable of catching Hare but with Fox and anything bigger I'd just use another dog personally. Wouldn't want to put my whippet into to much of a sticky situation personally but I've got my Beddy Grey that can tackle bigger stuff. Love whippets to death but it's good to have something bigger as well

• Like 1

image_zpscdla9otj.jpeg

IMAG0325_zpsey7ov3ow.jpg

Why do you think there might be something else in there bird?

image_zpscdla9otj.jpeg

IMAG0325_zpsey7ov3ow.jpg

Why do you think there might be something else in there bird?

yeah had me thinking too,lol...hes a pure whippet small skinny but mad as hell.