Terrorism And National Security - Who Can You Trust ?

Clearly, national security will be a major issue in Thursday's vote - so I took a little look at the two likely PMs records on the issue, and its not exactly inspiring !

Jeremey Corbyn is easy to sum up - he has voted against, or abstained from voting, on every anti-terror measure put before Parliament, as well as failing to condemn major terrorist organisations, including IRA, Hezbollah and Hamas. Favours mass immigration, with all the potential dangers that involves.

Theresa May abstained on the final vote of the Terrorism Act 2000, voted against ID cards, withdrew control orders (albeit on the orders of the higher courts) and replaced them with the watered down TPIM's. As Home Secretary, she sacked 20,000 police, including over 1,000 firearms trained officers. In 6 years at the Home Office, failed to make even the smallest dent in immigration numbers.

More reasons why I will be writing "none of the above" on my ballot paper, but I'm open to persuasion if you've got a good argument......

• Like 1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think I'll be voting and, I can't believe I'm saying this but, I hope the tories get in by a landslide. With Brexit looming and the rest of the world in a state of such upheaval, the last thin

like most its either or.. so on the basis that i think corbin is a compleat looney so hes out of the equasion as far as i am concerned .mrs may seems the lesser of the two evils ..

Im the same none of the above. Was going to vote tory few weeks ago, but not anymore. Cant stand there smug ways and more importantly the way they pander to minorities after any attacks.   Said bef

Stop worrying if Labour win Thursday all are worry so will be over . . Dianne Abbott will be Home Secretary ;)

We could always borrow more of our future generation's money to pay for the police of course.....

You couldn't pay me enough to vote for Comrade Jezza, but Mrs May's record is less than exemplary, so why should I vote for either of them ?

Im the same none of the above. Was going to vote tory few weeks ago, but not anymore. Cant stand there smug ways and more importantly the way they pander to minorities after any attacks.

Said before ok for them with there security details. They dont give a f**k about the gwmeral public i honestly believe they actually look on us as nuisance and only good for paying tax.

• Like 3

Im the same none of the above. Was going to vote tory few weeks ago, but not anymore. Cant stand there smug ways and more importantly the way they pander to minorities after any attacks.

Said before ok for them with there security details. They dont give a f**k about the gwmeral public i honestly believe they actually look on us as nuisance and only good for paying tax.

You have to vote political up here Snp or labour are going to stop hunting so your choice is limited im going for conservative as are a good few mates

I don't think I'll be voting and, I can't believe I'm saying this but, I hope the tories get in by a landslide. With Brexit looming and the rest of the world in a state of such upheaval, the last thing we need now is a hung parliament.

• Like 5

Stop worrying if Labour win Thursday all are worry so will be over . . Dianne Abbott will be Home Secretary ;)

I think the thought of Dianne Abbott as Home Secretary would be enough to put a lot of folk off voting labour. I would of thought even hardcore labour voters have serious doubts about that women?

I'm amazed Corbyn hasn't binned her in that role, because she must be a vote loser?

• Like 3

I don't think I'll be voting and, I can't believe I'm saying this but, I hope the tories get in by a landslide. With Brexit looming and the rest of the world in a state of such upheaval, the last thing we need now is a hung parliament.

I am going to vote .if you don't vote you can't moan

• Like 1

We could always borrow more of our future generation's money to pay for the police of course.....

You couldn't pay me enough to vote for Comrade Jezza, but Mrs May's record is less than exemplary, so why should I vote for either of them ?

Well you vote for who you feel you have to. I'm not saying you're wrong. I do think we have a habit of demanding the impossible though. We want the deficit gone, but we don't want to suffer the consequences so the politicians lie about the consequences. Now we're suffering the consequences, but it's not our fault, it's theirs. LOL

The way I see it is we live in a two party system and there's no point in trying to deny that or start some crusade to overthrow it because it WILL fail. And that's speaking as someone who resides in the only political compass quadrant that is devoid of any remotely mainstream UK party! LOL. https://www.politicalcompass.org/uk2017

So you have a choice, vote for the lesser evil or vote for the worse evil, because not voting for the lesser is a vote for the worse in most circumstances.

If we don't care who gets in then we don't vote. But we can't then cry if Corbyn or Farron get in and totally f**k us on Brexit. They haven't even tried to hide their stance on that.

People reckon that these attacks couldn't have come at a better time for May but they've got that backward. Corbyn's backers won't leave him over his stance on all this because he's doing exactly what they expect of their man, but the conservatives of society that begrudgingly backed May's Torys prior to recent events have now become very disenchanted with a less than bold response to it all. The Left could well win this out of the negligence of the Right.

I can hear Wilf already, lol, saying that it's stupid to keep voting for the same two and that there is no difference between them. I'm totally sympathetic with that but I can't agree, there is a big difference this time, neither of which I find comforting mind, and the system is fixed to ensure a two party state, to fight that is totally futile.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 3

But what to do if none of the choices available represent your own views closely enough ?

Vote for A, who you don't support, vote B, who you also don't support to stop A winning, or vote C who you also don't support, but have no chance of winning or influencing the result ?

Not much of a choice, is it ?

like most its either or.. so on the basis that i think corbin is a compleat looney so hes out of the equasion as far as i am concerned .mrs may seems the lesser of the two evils ..

• Like 4

But what to do if none of the choices available represent your own views closely enough ?

Vote for A, who you don't support, vote B, who you also don't support to stop A winning, or vote C who you also don't support, but have no chance of winning or influencing the result ?

no its not but even leaving it blank or a spoilt vote is better than no vote

no its not but even leaving it blank or a spoilt vote is better than no vote

Like I said, I intent to write "none of the above" on my paper - poor state of affairs, when you're asked for your vote, but you don't really feel that you have any real choices, don't you think ?

• Like 1