Accusing Other Mole Catchers, Of Being Deceiving ?

Read a recent article, about 'mole catchers', ,... concerning this 'female mole catcher', & couldnt believe the 'cheek' of it, frankly !,................heres the paragraphs,........." Standing by the front door of a farmhouse in Norfolk, Chapman patiently waits for her first customer of the day to go inside to discuss pricing with his partner. She has assessed his field and intends to charge him £50 per mole, if he is willing to take her up on the offer. The customer sheepishly returns to decline her request, saying he'll have to check with his wife and that he will look elsewhere for a better deal. "You will get cheaper quotes than me," says Chapman. "you'll have to keep an eye on them and make sure they don't bring moles from other jobs," she says, alluding to dishonest practices supposedly undertaken by other mole catchers. " The mole catching industry is full of colloquial expressions like "no mole no fee" and "£10 a mole", but it is the latter that is of most annoyance to Chapman, who says this is an insufficent amount of money for the skill necessary to catch moles. She cites a lack of proper pricing as to why some mole catchers plant dead moles from other jobs in traps in a bid to charge more. ",................now, is it just me ?,... cause i think thats a rather 'devious' thing to say about your competitors, and it just seems 'sour grapes',..cause you know its looking like, your not getting , the job ?,........

• Like 3

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For a mole trapper to lie,.. and say he has solved the problem,.caught what he has not caught,..removed a pest,(.one that will inevitably show its face),..is the action of an amatuer...In MY game,...y

What people charge is their business. But, to accuse other mole catchers of tactics such as planting dead moles is just not on. It is underhand and dirty.   Best thing mole catchers can do is boycot

I don't really give a damn what others do...that's business! You will always get people trying to be something different, something special. First people head to a gold rush to dig for gold, then a fa

Im still coughing at £50 a mole...

Aye, for what seems like 'field' work ! lol,.....(maybe she thought it might just be the one, there ! :laugh: ),....dont blame her for not quoting 'cheap',.....but, not at the thought of her telling potential clients, that the rest of us must be 'corrupt', if anothers price is more competitive ?,....its just unnecessary, and can give a 'bad impression', generally ?

Edited by earth-thrower
  • Like 1

I cant decide whether she is devious or just desperate. i wouldnt dream of saying this rubbish, how can she say £10 per mole is insufficient and say others lack proper pricing. I personally dont do per mole at all, I chage £15 an hour on farms which I think is a fair price, Im happy and so is the farmer. As for mentioning dishonest practices, that sounds like sour grapes, the farmer will soon know whether your legit or a cowboy by the state of his fields and from neighbouring farm feedback.

• Like 3

What people charge is their business.
But, to accuse other mole catchers of tactics such as planting dead moles is just not on. It is underhand and dirty.

Best thing mole catchers can do is boycotte the british mole catchers register. She is the one that took over running it.

• Like 6

I like to leave dead moles with the customer. They know I'm not charging others for a mole caught on the land I just been paid for..

Which in turn should make them confident they are not paying for somebody else's moles..

Not that I do much anyway.

• Like 3

For a mole trapper to lie,.. and say he has solved the problem,.caught what he has not caught,..removed a pest,(.one that will inevitably show its face),..is the action of an amatuer...In MY game,...you cannot lie,..(.well,.you can,.but as the fresh mole tumps appear,.often while you are trying to convince the customer that the heap of moving soil is a hallucination,...you will soon get caught out)... I've been trapping 'all sorts of critters' since I could set a wire,...and there is no substitute for honesty...

What WE do is not hard,.a 'Monkey could do it',...so,.no need to ever tell lies....

Just get the nuisance pests killed, the wasps nests treated,...and move on ,...we do not need folk on an ego trip to talk for us,....and 50 years of experience has taught me the salient fact,.that,.'they comes,.and they fecking goes'....

The real deals and genuine trappers,...will live forever... :victory:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 8

But, to accuse other mole catchers of tactics such as planting dead moles is just not on. It is underhand and dirty.

Best thing mole catchers can do is boycotte the british mole catchers register. She is the one that took over running it.

The latest 'offer' from the BTMR, & i quote - " The British Mole catchers Register is now offering on-site training for UK sports venues who may be struggling to deal with moles and molehills across their pitches and courses,....blah,.....blah,.....Get in touch with us now about how we can train your grounds-keeping team and maintenance staff in the best ways to clear moles from your pitches, fields & fairways ! ",...........Question - How is this 'advertisement', gonna benefit, your 'subscription' paying members,then, exactly ?? ,............

• Like 3

The latest 'offer' from the BTMR, & i quote - " The British Mole catchers Register is now offering on-site training for UK sports venues who may be struggling to deal with moles and molehills across their pitches and courses,....blah,.....blah,.....Get in touch with us now about how we can train your grounds-keeping team and maintenance staff in the best ways to clear moles from your pitches, fields & fairways ! ",...........Question - How is this 'advertisement', gonna benefit, your 'subscription' paying members,then, exactly ?? ,............

Answer - its NOT !,.....cause its in direct 'conflict' with your own 'members' interests,cause they would no doubt, be more than keen to try & offer THEIR own services, too these very same venues !! :huh:

Edited by earth-thrower
  • Like 1

It's a business value prop that benefits them mate. They will charge for the training and probably only recommend a select few of the mole asso to be able to do it. Standard business tactic ;)

Of course,....(to most of that),..but their 'training providers' (her or old Brian, id bet ?) are gonna train, the venues STAFF,.....so no work, potentially, for their members ?,....its a f***ing joke, & these so called members, need too wake up & 'smell the coffee' , urgently ! lol

Edited by earth-thrower
  • Like 3

I stopped charging per mole a few years back. I make a flat charge for trapping for a set period of time. Usually ends up 3 or 4 visits and activity stops. After the time period expires and there is new activity, another fee is payable. Simple.

Not a member of either of the mole trapping con merchants.

I told this one bloke, that lived literally 5 mins a way from me, that I would charge him £45 a visit. He said he'd been had by paying people who had caught nothing. I said what do you want to pay then?, he said £35 a mole!. I said, umm, OK that's fine by me. I caught 5 moles so £175. Straight away I thought I was going to have trouble getting paid but, no, he paid up. A while latter he called me back and said he had moles around his carp ponds. Same deal, same amount of moles caught. Went to see him and no one answered the door. Called him numerous times and no answer, in the end left a note. Came home one day and there's this big Aston Martin parked out side my place. It's the bloke. He has my money and says sorry he's been away. I said did you see the moles as I had left them behind. He said no, where were they? I said they are hung on his shed door handle but they'll be soup now. If he pours them out he can count the skeletons to see there's 5 there. He laughed and I said at least you know I ain't trying to con you.

• Like 1

Its sad but theres somebody like that in all parts of our sport weather its ferreting shooting mole catching etc if they dont get the cash there no long in bad mouthing somebody