Best Guard Dog

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a deterrent,.the average GSD is the boss,...folk are scared of them,...its kinda engrained in our psych to be spooked by a wolf like critter......   All this silly,.. Billy Big Bollocks talk abo

Just a shout for the bouvier as an excellent natural guard and bomb proof with the family. Had this bitch from 9 weeks old and she has never put a foot wrong, bit of handful in the her youth but once

Few pics

Posted Images

My lass bought a jagd terrier its the nastiest little b*****d I have ever come across its class with us and the kids but hates everyone else its to much of a liability to work has to be muzzled round other dogs when we go to bed the little twat sits growling at people walking past the house Would never have one again lol

i remember when i was in my teens years ago lol, went to a lads house , and they had black mongrel type terrier , it was about 22 in height very sturdy built , prob bit of staff in it . But this dog would bite you straight away , they had to lock it up when people went there , not over big dog , but it would wreak your leg if it got you, some of these small type dog make good watchdogs deff .

My lass bought a jagd terrier its the nastiest little b*****d I have ever come across its class with us and the kids but hates everyone else its to much of a liability to work has to be muzzled round other dogs when we go to bed the little twat sits growling at people walking past the house Would never have one again lol

i remember when i was in my teens years ago lol, went to a lads house , and they had black mongrel type terrier , it was about 22 in height very sturdy built , prob bit of staff in it . But this dog would bite you straight away , they had to lock it up when people went there , not over big dog , but it would wreak your leg if it got you, some of these small type dog make good watch/ guard dogs deff .

My solicitors got two apricot standard poodles,vert quiet and well behaved.One of her clients came in to her office high on something and aggressive,bad mistake. as these normally friendly dogs put the bloke in hospital.Raised my opinion of a breed I thought was a useless show dog.

I had a terrier onve that was nice to let people in as soon as they would try and leave her bite them unles one of us was there to let them out he had loads of people like that they thought he was nice when they coming in but a different dog when they going out especially if they carrying something remember one day my mate come down to borrow ladders I forgot the dog was out he came in garden picked ladders up went to walk out and dog wouldn't let him and went bite him lol he shit his self had to wait for one of us come back

A friend had a little dog that was a nasty f****r they got broke into and found the dog in the freezer no wind up either that.

bloody hell, but that doesn't surprise really, as ive read few times where they had rotties ,gsds , big breeds that will guard , been killed either shot , poisoned , these type people have no fear of any dog big or small. suppose somthing about 60-70 lb that barks , prob put off joe public , will do for most people/owners , but not the above type people . :yes:

I've had quite a few Jagdterriers. Most of mine are very friendly if I'm there but terrors when I'm not. I've had friends that fed dogs for me while I'm out of town and the Jagdterriers have not only tried to bite them but some went airborne and tried to get them by the neck. They don't fool around at all. They're great dogs if given discipline at an early age and you can catch nearly anything on the planet with them. I've run everything we have here with them including bears and coyotes. I have friends that have run them on mtn. lions. I know of a guy in British Columbia, Canada that guided grizzly and mtn. lion hunts for years with nothing but a pack of Jagdterriers.

Mine were well behaved enough to do animal damage control work in people's homes and farms. They hung around all afternoon playing with kids at pool parties but try to get in my yard and screw around when I'm not home and you better have big hands because you'll need them to cover your windpipe. ;)

I'm including a disclaimer here. I spent nearly all of my time with those Jagdterriers and that was a good part of why they had good even temperments. They are not for novice handlers and they are not for people that just put their dogs on a chain or in a kennel a lot of the time. If left to their own devices, they can be wicked.