Best Guard Dog

+1 on the bouvier! They may look like a shaggy rug, but when you see one bolting down on you bellowing like a demon? I see them regularly on farms around here. My mates stepdad had one, lovely dog as long as long as a family member was around. I've personally seen this dog going through a pine wood fence when his owner cried out in pain... ( hit his thumb with a hammer) . Hope you find what you are looking for! Atb

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a deterrent,.the average GSD is the boss,...folk are scared of them,...its kinda engrained in our psych to be spooked by a wolf like critter......   All this silly,.. Billy Big Bollocks talk abo

Just a shout for the bouvier as an excellent natural guard and bomb proof with the family. Had this bitch from 9 weeks old and she has never put a foot wrong, bit of handful in the her youth but once

Few pics

Posted Images

Shaddy no experience with a beddy lurcher being protective,but all my lurchers guard,in a fashion ,the most protective being a Saluki bull greyhound. He generally distrusts strangers.

His mother a bull cross warns people off,but wouldn't go any further than that.

I like a dog that let's you know someone's about.

Her other ,younger pup ,barks when people pass raising her hackles ,and all would convince me to try else where

Shaddy no experience with a beddy lurcher being protective,but all my lurchers guard,in a fashion ,the most protective being a Saluki bull greyhound. He generally distrusts strangers.

His mother a bull cross warns people off,but wouldn't go any further than that.

I like a dog that let's you know someone's about.

Her other ,younger pup ,barks when people pass raising her hackles ,and all would convince me to try else where

Litter sister the same. Hates strangers. Although good as gold with any children. Which is good.
  • Like 1

Couple of good litters on the ground near me, south east. Is your friend sure that is what they want, are they prepared to keep it mentally and physically stimulated? Or are they just needing a yard dog?

Both litters have been bred by professional dog company's.

PM me if your friend is sure.

• Like 1

Couple of good litters on the ground near me, south east. Is your friend sure that is what they want, are they prepared to keep it mentally and physically stimulated? Or are they just needing a yard dog?

Both litters have been bred by professional dog company's.

PM me if your friend is sure.

cheers mate another members pm'd me saying the same so il go ask him and let you know thanks lee ?
  • Like 1

Anybody know for any decent bred Belgian malinous pups or similar type a good friends having problems with thieves on his farm and is interested in this type cheers ?

search Lorockmor Working Dogs on facebook
will do mate cheers

Bullmastiff or a decent bred german rottie. Seems to be a big size difference between the germans stuff and whats over here. Also, if u wanted sumthing thats quiet cos of neighbours a dobbies not a bad shout, they were bred to be quiet.

With the chance of being laughed at, I knew someone who had a giant schnauzer. Was a cracking guard dog, good perimeter guarder, gernerally weary of strangers but really loyal to the family. Impressive bark and a big cnut, like the bouvier you might underestimate um but soon regret it. Just thought i'd suggest it anyway

ATB

See a lot of breeds on her that will just get you in a lot of shit when they maul the kiddie next door. Aussie cattle dog just as good as anything and if the bite the Kiddie next door it will be on the Arse not the face.

• Like 4

See a lot of breeds on her that will just get you in a lot of shit when they maul the kiddie next door. Aussie cattle dog just as good as anything and if the bite the Kiddie next door it will be on the Arse not the face.

Can't get the heelers in the uk anymore.about 15 year ago maybe or a collie x heeler .

Can't get the heelers in the uk anymore.about 15 year ago maybe or a collie x heeler .

why that ? even a show bred one , would still make good guard dog , in fact its one breed i get if i wanted good guard , and it no to big in your house. lets face it, as long as dog barks it done its job, most scum would go to where there no noise . but i reckon you go in a house uninvited with a ACD standing waiting ready for you, you deff get bitten, and there tough dog with strong jaw, they make a mess or your leg or hand . that kelpie x collie bitch i had, would rip you to pieces deff :yes: she was 23in 50lb but bloody strong with it :yes: , yep good acd male dog would make most people think twice coming to your property :yes:

why that ? even a show bred one , would still make good guard dog , in fact its one breed i get if i wanted good guard , and it no to big in your house. lets face it, as long as dog barks it done its job, most scum would go to where there no noise . but i reckon you go in a house uninvited with a ACD standing waiting ready for you, you deff get bitten, and there tough dog with strong jaw, they make a mess or your leg or hand . that kelpie x collie bitch i had, would rip you to pieces deff :yes: she was 23in 50lb but bloody strong with it :yes: , yep good acd male dog would make most people think twice coming to your property :yes:

No ones breeding them any more ,not that many show breeders ether are there,wouldn't be paying there prices either. Top guard kennels did have one,

No ones breeding them any more ,not that many show breeders either are there,wouldn't be paying their prices either. Top guard kennels did have one.

No ones breeding them any more ,not that many show breeders ether are there,wouldn't be paying there prices either. Top guard kennels did have one,

No ones breeding them any more ,not that many show breeders either are there,wouldn't be paying their prices either. Top guard kennels did have one.

ok thanks , yeh some breeders of ped dogs and these boody cockerpoo type things lol, bloody £ 800 - 1000 quid , get a gsd x collie from the pound £ 50 quid , they bark and bloody bite as well .