Best Guard Dog

Just a shout for the bouvier as an excellent natural guard and bomb proof with the family. Had this bitch from 9 weeks old and she has never put a foot wrong, bit of handful in the her youth but once she trained me up she has been a gem. Very smart breed tough as old boots great coat for the outdoors and natural fierce guarding instinct. Added bonus they are happy to laze around in the main but always alert to any action in a sensible way. Not a dog to just chuck in a yard and leave alone forever as they are very loyal to their family but not needy like many working breeds can be. She is in her twilight nowadays but still knows her job atb MollyampGeorge005_zps66940812.jpg

I like the look of these I know there used in some police forces overseas can imagine by looking at them it's hard to find genuine working stock though they look perfect for the crusts ring lol

It's not that hard as thankfully on the continent they are still valued as a guard and as stated used in various police forces. Yes there are a few show folk on board with the breed but the thankfully they haven't ruined the breed and the best valued blood still comes from the work

Going to look into these mate so far the gsd is at the top of my list but is persuading this mrs as she's scared of German shepherds I think she'd look the look of the dog in question

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a deterrent,.the average GSD is the boss,...folk are scared of them,...its kinda engrained in our psych to be spooked by a wolf like critter......   All this silly,.. Billy Big Bollocks talk abo

Just a shout for the bouvier as an excellent natural guard and bomb proof with the family. Had this bitch from 9 weeks old and she has never put a foot wrong, bit of handful in the her youth but once

Few pics

Posted Images

Just a shout for the bouvier as an excellent natural guard and bomb proof with the family. Had this bitch from 9 weeks old and she has never put a foot wrong, bit of handful in the her youth but once she trained me up she has been a gem. Very smart breed tough as old boots great coat for the outdoors and natural fierce guarding instinct. Added bonus they are happy to laze around in the main but always alert to any action in a sensible way. Not a dog to just chuck in a yard and leave alone forever as they are very loyal to their family but not needy like many working breeds can be. She is in her twilight nowadays but still knows her job atb MollyampGeorge005_zps66940812.jpg

I like the look of these I know there used in some police forces overseas can imagine by looking at them it's hard to find genuine working stock though they look perfect for the crusts ring lol
It's not that hard as thankfully on the continent they are still valued as a guard and as stated used in various police forces. Yes there are a few show folk on board with the breed but the thankfully they haven't ruined the breed and the best valued blood still comes from the work
Going to look into these mate so far the gsd is at the top of my list but is persuading this mrs as she's scared of German shepherds I think she'd look the look of the dog in question
If you need more information give me a pm they are genuinely great dogs atb
  • Like 1

My lurcher has got a fair bit of Bovier in him and he starting to guard and protect me and the yard. He is great with kids and folk he knows but can be a bit intimidating with strangers.Made my walks a bit less traumatic as a lot of other dog owners soon put there dogs on the lead when he is with us lol. I could imagine a full Bovier des flanders would be a more than capable gaurd dog

i'm not doubting the guarding instinct in the 2 breeds above but there not really a deterent.they look quite nice.

the gsd type and bull types, everybody knows not to mix with them.in my limited experience with bull mastiffs(my nan had 3 at different times) they were great with family and natural guards.just knowing fred was about put my nan and grandad mind at rest and you just avoided there property if you wasn't invited.

personal prefence again.

• Like 1

i'm not doubting the guarding instinct in the 2 breeds above but there not really a deterent.they look quite nice.

the gsd type and bull types, everybody knows not to mix with them.in my limited experience with bull mastiffs(my nan had 3 at different times) they were great with family and natural guards.just knowing fred was about put my nan and grandad mind at rest and you just avoided there property if you wasn't invited.

personal prefence again.

I have walked the bouvier for 11 years and I can count on 1 hand how many people have patted her so they can't be that cute close up lol but I get your point. Think pictures can be deceptive though most bouviers are around 28-30 tts and weigh in at 50+ kg and have a head like a beachball

personal prefence again.

I have walked the bouvier for 11 years and I can count on 1 hand how many people have patted her so they can't be that cute close up lol but I get your point. Think pictures can be deceptive though most bouviers are around 28-30 tts and weigh in at 50+ kg and have a head like a beachball

i thought of you and that breed when he 1st opened up the thread because i heard a couple people sing there praises but never knew your name or breed.

i noticed the size of his head,if he was short coated he'd look mean.looks wheaten like sort of.

i'd like to see some more photo's.

personal prefence again.

I live in Flanders & in both areas I've lived there have always been Beauvoir's local & believe me you would think twice about walking into any of those property's. I'd say they are dog that's made me jump the most since living here! Haha....

....Anyone fooled by that fluffy appearance will soon learn ;-)

• Like 1

I've got an American bulldog.can't decide whether to get a bullmastiff or a rottie next.had old English mastiffs in the past.you wouldn't wanna mess with them! Friend of mine had a bullmastiff x wolfhound.that was a beast of a dog.looked like a female lion!!

personal prefence again.

BBCode
  • Like 1

personal prefence again.

BBCode
post-68208-0-92031600-1495453013_thumb.jpg
  • Like 1