• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As we head towards a general election we keep hearing about/being told about poverty, austerity and how people are struggling....we are fed this diet by media and every party except the conservatives.

You know what annoys me is people in this country who arent on the bread line are quick to blame the less fortunate for "bleeding the country" all our woes from the burden on the NHS to cuts in the pu

Not all do.f***ing reality tv to blame for that misconception. I have a mate who is bringing up his 8year old son by himself after his wife f****d off.He works part time and by f**k he works hard for

Posted Images

I could tell you financial nightmares , I know people paying £500 quid a month for Nisan quashqis with three kids , and having the cars clamped on their driveways

I think a big thing with poverty is sacrifice,

I've seen real poverty first hand , it's not nice, the joys of a welfare Christmas are not something I'd wish on any child .

I grew up with a single mother, minimum wage, we didn't have carpets or wallpaper never mind two weeks in Benidorm or vhs players,

I didn't cry about it, my mam put three meals a day in front of Me and I was always smartly turned out

No complaints

But I believe that it gave me a real lack of regard for things . I can throw stuff away in the blink of an eye, it's just stuff! If it's not used or needed , f**k it off down the road

Whereas my mother cannot part with anything, she went at me with a broom not long ago for throwing away a patio chair with three legs lol

Now my misses is a mix between us , she is more brutal than me at throwing away, but has to have new things

We both work, we have a 5 year old girl and a month old boy, I have a mortgage on my mams house, we have a Loan for the furniture , a phone each sky and a little car, genuinely little, all up my out goungs are about 1k a month and we live off the remainder and her wage

It will be better next year , and better the year after with wage increases but I look aghast at people at times, part of being a father is good responsibility for your familys welfare, the idea of getting motorbikes, big people carriers and every latest gadget is absolutely delusional when in 3 years you won't have service housing to rely on

Debt is sadly an everyday reality for people in one form or another, how you cope or the decisions you make in it are up to you and you alone, I've struggled at times I've been flush at times but that old it's just stuff mantra had served me well

• Like 6

You know what annoys me is people in this country who arent on the bread line are quick to blame the less fortunate for "bleeding the country" all our woes from the burden on the NHS to cuts in the public services. When the true fact is the unemployed only make up a fraction of benefits. Mosr benefits are going to people who are in work.

Also we would have money to help folk and give NHS workers a pay rise and introduce a proper living wage.However we had to bail out the city boys when they monumentally f****d the countries finances and caused all this austerity.

Now i understand we had to. To do nothing would have placed us into even darker times.

But those c**ts took tax payers money and plugged there greedy incompetance.

not one of them was prosecuted or had there salary "sanctioned"!!

No what they did was to award themselfs obscene bonuses with tax payers money.

Also the stories didn't stop about the arrogant c**ts having business lunches where the bill exceeded 10k ! And in some cases 40k .

Watched QT last nite where foodbanks were brought up. I honestly believe those f***ing things are a stain on our society and all politicians across the board should be f***ing ashamed of themselfs for allowing this to continue. They all should get together and pledge to the nation to rid this disgusting embarrassment of a system.

f***ing working famlies should not be going to get food handouts and not one child on these shores should EVER be missing a meal and going to bed hungry.

Oh and i dont want to hear "blame the parents" there have always been parents who neglect there kids but you're a fool if you dont think there are genuine famlies who are dirt poor and despite of doing the right thing cant get out of the hole.

• Like 9

, we didn't have carpets or wallpaper .................. I can throw stuff away in the blink of an eye, it's just stuff!

I can empathise with that,f***ing hell I remember bare floorboards and bare walls :icon_redface: my parents were hopeless with money,i mean f***ing hopeless,rent man comes tell him we aren't in,debtors come tell them we aren't in,i remember my mam telling us all to hide in the kitchen when the door was knocked,robbing peter to pay paul is a shit way to live :icon_redface: and I have no attachment to material possessions,i can walk away from them as long as my kids are ok,never been in debt in my life,never had a credit card only debit cards,squalid poverty from childhood was never nice,it was like living in Dickensian times :laugh: going to bed hungry,going to school threadbare :icon_redface: I have seen real poverty though,and its not nice at all,sometimes theres no escape from it.

• Like 6

Im the same makem never had a credit card or a bank loan. Always found an alternative way to get the finer things that were out of reach by my salary.

not strictly above board but thats just how i roll haha

• Like 1

we live in one of the worlds most powerful nations, one of the smallest but on the world stage we are right up there , and yet we have food banks, loan companies set up to give loans to people whom banks would rightly refuse, and it is allowed , well encouraged too go on :icon_eek: it shows the callous regard those who run the country hold for the people of it.

Its disgraceful that such a small country cant (won't) ensure that poverty is eradicated in the modern age, look at the sheer amount of waste the supermarkets throw away daily, yet people queue up for basics and the food banks report they are struggling too meet needs, not just the unemployed using them either, working people with kids are having too as well, stuck on stupid zero hour contracts not knowing where the next days work/wage is coming from, shameful and embarrassing, places like Brighthouse are allowed too trade and profit on the misery, it stinks

all that above somebody profits from it all, somebody else changes the rules too allow the exploitation, cause that is exactly what it is, exploitation, taking money from the very bottom of society and out of the mouths of children, they ought too be ashamed, all so the minority can live in the lap of luxury and excess :bad:

Yet to cement our status as a worldwide powerhouse, we give countless tax payers millions too aid others in need, take in the worlds troubled, spend countless billions on invading other countries, loan other countries money too survive when they in debt, and we cant even look after our own :whistling:

• Like 3

Throughout our history

The story's been the same.

It's the rich that get the pleasure -

And the poor that get the blame !

Not from what I read constantly on this site and frankly coming out of every 'working man's' mouth. Haven't you heard? Apparently it's not the poor hard done by working man's fault for taking a loan that he can't manage, it's the lender's fault! See that's how society works now, we're not responsible for our own actions, it's every one else's fault. Makes perfect sense to me!

Why do the British hate freedom and responsibility so much?

I can see Labour having a landslide. It's straight out of their mantra.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2

If I want something I save up for it, if I cant save enough I dont fukcing get it, is that such an alien concept, if more people, working and on benifits lived within their means there wouldnt be so much so called poverty

Define within their means?

Not arguing but if you had to save up to buy it, no one I know could outright own anything

The only lad in my circle flourishing has a grow in the loft

Speaks volumes really

• Like 1

If they wanted to eraticate poverty and get everyone off benefit they could do it at the stroke of a pen.......they would simply do away with tax except for the small amount needed to actually run a countries infrastructure and defence and let everyone keep what they work for.

Then they could simply pay for stuff themselves and look after their own and those around them.

People are generating a gargantuan amount of money but it's being taken off them........in return for what?

"Free" health care that's anything but free........schools that are failing........police that don't police.........

No, it's paying the massive debts the governments have put the next 6 generations in to pay for all this free shit and the people holding the debt are laughing all the way to the bank......along with the politicians they fund.

If an ordinary bloke set up a scheme like Great Britain Ltd they would be put in prison and that's a fact.

• Like 4