New Lurcher Lamp Have You Say

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not bothered about a dimmer,,,   the most impotant thing is the beam,,,,in genral the longer the beam the better,,,like a blitz distance wise and width wise,,,but the unit the size of a striker,,,,a

oh,,,and ive always thought the outside should be rubber,,,not that plastick

Is £45 a year expensive? 86p a week?   This hobby costs peanuts. Even with dog insurance, wormers, bedding, diesel, top quality dog grub, clothing and wellies it costs pennies compared to most hobbi

I bought a dimmer lamp last year tracer 170 and when used correctly the difference between how close you can get to a fox compared to a normal 170 is unbelievable. On low setting with the light barely on enough to give a glimmer of eyes you could get up to within 20 yards of foxes that were previously lamp shy. Id never buy another lamp without a dimmer. Even for climbing through gaps your not lighting up the whole parish. And for those who say they don't need the dimmer well then leave it on full power it's not doing any harm on the light. Better have it than want it.

• Like 5

To get most of the things talked about could you live with a external lithium pack if it was cheaper than others out there

To get the beam/power and longevity. You will need bigger batteries if you are gonna get a more powerful led. You would probably get away with a small battery pack, may be around 4 amp/hour or less.

I know it's not what most need to hear, as it is an extra cost. But it will make the lamp a lot lighter and less prone to break when you drop it. Also if your lamp is attached to you via a cord you're less likely to leave it somewhere :yes::laugh:

To get most of the things talked about could you live with a external lithium pack if it was cheaper than others out there

well yeh we could,,,,,BUT,,i think the hole purpose of your endeavour is to produce an all in one lamp,,,,,,if you start adding battery packs ,,,you might as well go back to veriouse lightforce lamps,,,

• Like 3

like i said earlier the 150 lamp lasts a long time,,,the batterys in that are obviously doing the job,,,,if the leds in that lamp were increased to make a longer shaft of light,,and a more halogen colour,,,then you might loose battery life,,,,,to combat that,,,extra batterys that could be inserted in to the handle,,,,,

but staying away from a big battery on your back, has to be the ultimate goal

• Like 3

100% agree with TOMO.

The biggest advantage to your lamps for me is that the battery is built in.

1) Lower cost

2) No battery to carry about

3) No trailing cable

4) No dodgy connections to lamp or battery to worry about

If I was gonna go down the external battery route then I would get a tracer 210 variable and 22ah lithium. Which I had before and sold when I got the 150 off you.

like i said earlier the 150 lamp lasts a long time,,,the batterys in that are obviously doing the job,,,,if the leds in that lamp were increased to make a longer shaft of light,,and a more halogen colour,,,then you might loose battery life,,,,,to combat that,,,extra batterys that could be inserted in to the handle,,,,,

but staying away from a big battery on your back, has to be the ultimate goal

The 150 has got 2 batteries in the handle in a pack. If they could modify that so that the batteries can be individually inserted into the bottom of the handle then you would be laughing.

They could double the size of the LED, still giving you a good few hours lamping and you could carry batteries in your pocket...

Like this...

074A66EE-37A1-457E-925F-5A99E32F5BEA_zps

• Like 5

well yeh we could,,,,,BUT,,i think the hole purpose of your endeavour is to produce an all in one lamp,,,,,,if you start adding battery packs ,,,you might as well go back to veriouse lightforce lamps,,,

Not at all. You will have a much more efficient lamp with a better stronger beam and all the need features.

I'm excited for the new lamp and well done Lloyd for getting it together.

100% agree with TOMO.

1) Lower cost

3) No trailing cable

If I was gonna go down the external battery route then I would get a tracer 210 variable and 22ah lithium. Which I had before and sold when I got the 150 off you.

But why would you want a 22 amp/hour battery with an led lamp?

100% agree with TOMO.

1) Lower cost

3) No trailing cable

But why would you want a 22 amp/hour battery with an led lamp?

You wouldn't. I never said you would?

Why would you want a cable and external battery pack with an LED lamp in 2017?