New Lurcher Lamp Have You Say

like i said earlier the 150 lamp lasts a long time,,,the batterys in that are obviously doing the job,,,,if the leds in that lamp were increased to make a longer shaft of light,,and a more halogen colour,,,then you might loose battery life,,,,,to combat that,,,extra batterys that could be inserted in to the handle,,,,,

but staying away from a big battery on your back, has to be the ultimate goal

The battery won't be big.

The only way to get a longer beam is to increase the power, it's not rocket science and for that you need a bigger battery bank.

Gaz's idea is good, with the replaceable batteries, but even that is a ball ache.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not bothered about a dimmer,,,   the most impotant thing is the beam,,,,in genral the longer the beam the better,,,like a blitz distance wise and width wise,,,but the unit the size of a striker,,,,a

oh,,,and ive always thought the outside should be rubber,,,not that plastick

Is £45 a year expensive? 86p a week?   This hobby costs peanuts. Even with dog insurance, wormers, bedding, diesel, top quality dog grub, clothing and wellies it costs pennies compared to most hobbi

like i said earlier the 150 lamp lasts a long time,,,the batterys in that are obviously doing the job,,,,if the leds in that lamp were increased to make a longer shaft of light,,and a more halogen colour,,,then you might loose battery life,,,,,to combat that,,,extra batterys that could be inserted in to the handle,,,,,

but staying away from a big battery on your back, has to be the ultimate goal

The battery won't be big.

The only way to get a longer beam is to increase the power, it's not rocket science and for that you need a bigger battery bank.

Gaz's idea is good, with the replaceable batteries, but even that is a ball ache.

I agree with the science and what you're saying.

What I was saying about the 22ah and tracer lamp was that if I had to resort to a cable and external battery then I would just go down that route. I don't see the need for cables and external batteries in 2017 when using relatively low power bulbs (LEDs).

I personally would prefer removable batteries. I've always got 4 x 18650 batteries in charge in the house plus 2 in my pocket in a rubber case (for my e-cigarette) and I don't see it as a ball ache.

But we are all different and I think that was the idea behind the thread, to give D Lloyd our different opinions and thoughts.

All the best.

• Like 1

100% agree with TOMO.

The biggest advantage to your lamps for me is that the battery is built in.

1) Lower cost

2) No battery to carry about

3) No trailing cable

4) No dodgy connections to lamp or battery to worry about

If I was gonna go down the external battery route then I would get a tracer 210 variable and 22ah lithium. Which I had before and sold when I got the 150 off you.

But why would you want a 22 amp/hour battery with an led lamp?

You wouldn't. I never said you would?

Why would you want a cable and external battery pack with an LED lamp in 2017?

If you use a high powered led you need big batteries and they are heavy.

100% agree with TOMO.

The biggest advantage to your lamps for me is that the battery is built in.

1) Lower cost

2) No battery to carry about

3) No trailing cable

4) No dodgy connections to lamp or battery to worry about

If I was gonna go down the external battery route then I would get a tracer 210 variable and 22ah lithium. Which I had before and sold when I got the 150 off you.

But why would you want a 22 amp/hour battery with an led lamp?

You wouldn't. I never said you would?

Why would you want a cable and external battery pack with an LED lamp in 2017?

If you use a high powered led you need big batteries and they are heavy.

LEDs aren't really "high powered". The 150 lasts all night on 2 cheap, small lithium batteries.

If you doubled the power of the 150 you would have some lamp on your hands and the batteries would be neither heavy or big.

• Like 1

It's all about led's. I am "fairly" up on the technology of batteries and led's and a powerful led does 4 18650's in about 90 mins.

That'll mean a lot of batteries for some people and a separate charger. Unless Lloyd can get the charging done in the lamp, but that wouldn't give you any spares.

It's all about led's. I am "fairly" up on the technology of batteries and led's and a powerful led does 4 18650's in about 90 mins.

That'll mean a lot of batteries for some people and a separate charger. Unless Lloyd can get the charging done in the lamp, but that wouldn't give you any spares.

90 minutes is some lamping though wouldn't you agree?

So a £15 charger and 4 spares in your pocket gives you 3 hours continuous lamping.

That would suit me. But I'm not one of these who has the lamp on all night because I'm scared of the dark. I know some lads would get through 8 sets of batteries in a few hours. Lol.

Guns need a new lamp for next season so be good to see what's about at that time, small/medium sized durable same beam as a striker with flip up filter n dimmer be ideal for me don't mind if built in battery or plug to a separate battery as long as durable inside n out..

Edited by dodger

does anybody know what the watt size of the 150 is??,,,like gaz said if you doubled that,,you would only need an extra set of batterys,,,and i can see for the life of my why changing them in the field is that much of a hastle.....at the moment i use a 14 amp and 10 amp lithuim on a striker,,,and on a big night i have to use both batterys,,this means changing over batterys during the shift

• Like 2

90 minutes is some lamping though wouldn't you agree?

90 mins is an ok nights lamping, but I can be lamping for a lot longer than that if there's no game about.

What ever the outcome I'm excited about the new lamp. As long as it's got a flipable filter, dimmer and a 800m + beam :D

Some really good stuff coming up here lads trust me I'm reading it all.

Leegreen I'm no tec guy jest love lamping you say 32wat is biggest power led I have a lamp all ready with a 45wat led tiny little thing.sounds like you now your stuff on tec side so you may be able to help.

Keep it coming guy but I think I got the just of it.