New Lurcher Lamp Have You Say

1 size,,,,same as striker

2 beam,,,as long as possible..

3 beam colour,,more halogen coloured..

4 internal battery,,,to last as long as possible,,built in to handle rather than on top..

5 external material,,rubber if possible,,,but this is not as important as the things above..

6 dimmer ,,and filters,,,,im not bothered about either,,,,but some lads are..

i have the 150 off you dave,,it just needs a few tweeks in my opinion to make it better ,,,the battery on it lasts a good night,,,so thats good,,,if it had a longer beam with a bit more over spill,,,and a more halogen coloured beam ,,,in mmy opinion that would be perfect...

• Like 3

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not bothered about a dimmer,,,   the most impotant thing is the beam,,,,in genral the longer the beam the better,,,like a blitz distance wise and width wise,,,but the unit the size of a striker,,,,a

oh,,,and ive always thought the outside should be rubber,,,not that plastick

Is £45 a year expensive? 86p a week?   This hobby costs peanuts. Even with dog insurance, wormers, bedding, diesel, top quality dog grub, clothing and wellies it costs pennies compared to most hobbi

I'm not fussed about a dimmer even when I've had lamps with them on I've never used them I like a throw beam not so much a flud i like the beam to be tight with a bit of distance in it but not as far as a blitz say around a 170 type I'd want something that's not to heavy in the hand with a built in battery and very durable I like the cool beam but I think the hot beam are abit easier for picking things out

Thing is they are already out there. I think what Lloyd is getting at is a new lamp.

The colour you speak is "natural white."

yeah it's just find the right one though I had a gamekeeper 120 off Dave brilliant lamp but the beams just abit to spread for me and if it had a longer beam be ideal but obviously you want a 170 or a l50 for a longer beam I've always used light force but the price you pay for them then with in a week or 2 you have fiddle about with the wiring it ridiculous I had a 150 off him aswell similar to the long ranger decent lamp that is and if I'm in places I shouldn't be ideal got a lovely tight beam on it and it's light weight

I can remember when I was a kid starting out my lamping days I could walk into a field with my old blue eye lamp think it was the old cyclops type big glass front onto a 12volt battery in a post man bag no filter dimmer or bugger all the dog wud tell me wat was there before I put the beam on fun times were had even though i had my dads old dog was way past her golden years

• Like 1

4 internal battery,,,to last as long as possible,,built in to handle rather than on top..

5 external material,,rubber if possible,,,but this is not as important as the things above..

i have the 150 off you dave,,it just needs a few tweeks in my opinion to make it better ,,,the battery on it lasts a good night,,,so thats good,,,if it had a longer beam with a bit more over spill,,,and a more halogen coloured beam ,,,in mmy opinion that would be perfect...

i will finish it of for you Tomo

7 as cheap as possible.

• Like 2

i believe hes got a smaller lamp than the 150 same distance beam but slightly more spread. looks a nice little lamp for the bunnies that lamp in about 15 or 20 watt led would be ideal for the lads that like to run bigger fields.

If made correctly, with led's you shouldn't need a massive reflector.

I still think that if yo want the lamp to last a long time, the power pack should be separate, otherwise the lamp will be heavy.

Here are a couple of torches that hold three or four 18650 batteries, same size as in a vape, etc.

These torches only last an hour or so on full beam.

the 150 aint heavy,,and that lasts all night

I must admit I was well impressed with the battery life on that 150 just the led that put me off I've seen a few burn out now and it doesn't seem to work well at distance.

• Like 1

Personally I would use the 150 as the base for the next lamp. If you could get the Beam of the 120 with the battery life of the 150 then you would be getting somewhere IMO.

I also think the 150 feels more robust than the 120. I don't know why. It just feels a better quality lamp.

Can your men put dimmers on the LEDs used in the lamps now? I didn't think it was possible. If so then even better. I like a dimmer myself. Would the dimmer driver not ramp the price up too much though?

If batteries are still causing an issue then ask your men to have a look at using quick change 18650 batteries instead of the built in packs. Just pop the end cap open, whip the batteries out and chuck new ones in. You could carry 6-8 of these batteries in a small waterproof pouch in your pocket no problem and just swap them over in the field.

Top man for keeping at it with your research and development. I don't think you're a million miles away from having a lamp that will suit the majority.

• Like 2

i will finish it of for you Tomo

7 as cheap as possible.

Trust you wait till Roy reads this lol

Cheers gaz tommo and every one that put a replie up keep it comimg lads I'm taking it all on bord.

LEDs are poor with red filters how important ate the filters to most of you could you live with out them if you can have a dimmer. Yes gaz can do mate