Don't judge the whole line by a few hunt terriers, there's plenty of top bitches from this family of terriers.

There's good and bad in all dogs, it's our responsibility to get the best we can from what we've got, and to breed to the best of our ability. There's always second rate stuff from good honest terriers, just as you can produce greats from average terriers, but would you breed from the great that came from average ?

We've all got our own ideas and personal view points, we'll never always agree either.

Edited to say... Just to prove my point, my own personal view , after digging foxes from just about every corner of the UK, a fox is a fox, I've shit hill foxes.

Edited by dillydog
  • Like 8

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasn't she like fudge but just harder

There's fellas in the game 20/30years who no everything about nothing. A lad with the right attitude no matter how many years he's at it is worth ten of them no it all ignorant fellas.

The fifth dig to a Treacle pup this season, another Roxett grandson

Posted Images

Very true mate .Let's be honest here ,there's not an awful lot to the game once you've got the right animals and gear .It's just a matter of applying that knowledge to different situations. Filling in behind dog ,digging beneath a tunnel to follow it if the need arises and starting big enough from the outset of a dig are all skills learnt but not many seem to remember or use those skills I've noticed and are best avoided .

• Like 3

Iv been around terriers all my life because my uncle but Iv learnt a lot more in the last 2 years digging for a pack and with a mate of mine ! My uncles probably forgot more than I know but doesn't mean I agree with him on everything he's been at it 60 years

• Like 2

I was running around badminton with a snobby nose and a lurcher as a kid. Iv been into it one way or another since a youngster...just the last 7 years iv enjoyed fox control with terriers. There's a fat 13 year old Russel sat here in front of me who has ran a few of the Beauforts artificials when I used to go there bushing not giving a flying feck about the Beaufort autumn hunting a few fields away ? how things have changed eh....

• Like 2

not a lot required of a dog to do hunt work.

SO , what about the stopping days. Would you say it requires a lot ?

TallyWacker can I ask what bloodline you keep? You seem to shoot down every Stevens thread with a similar response as if the bloodline failed you or you had run ins with the man himself?

I'm not being funny either mate, genuine question.

He is likely another who cannot get his hands on this great family of dogs. For various reasons !
nah you can keep them, only the dogs are any good and I don't want dogs from 2nd rate fox bitches..

Don't believe all you hear butt !

And what bloodline do you keep ?

GO ON 'Tallywacker' tell everyone what bloodline you keep. :whistling:

• Like 1

Don't judge the whole line by a few hunt terriers, there's plenty of top bitches from this family of terriers.

There's good and bad in all dogs, it's our responsibility to get the best we can from what we've got, and to breed to the best of our ability. There's always second rate stuff from good honest terriers, just as you can produce greats from average terriers, but would you breed from the great that came from average ?

We've all got our own ideas and personal view points, we'll never always agree either.

Edited to say... Just to prove my point, my own personal view , after digging foxes from just about every corner of the UK, a fox is a fox, I've shit hill foxes.

Amen to that !

Seems to be a lot of people read the book and become an expert on ns

I've got the book read it once thought it was shit really but I like the dogs of this blood that I've seen work but saying that I've liked most of the dogs I've seen work Edited by leethedog

Depends what you expect of a terrier and what your used to i guess but I would say I've seen better than the majority of stuff passed off as the type but I'm a bit biased . The type does however seem to steady up a line of hard bitten terriers .Personally I've incorporated them in my own for the better has to be said,or did I better them lol, less drama but stayers all the same .In fact one more mating in that direction and I'll be in the club lol but will probably go to a young dog I've my eye on from a litter while back. What I will say is like Dilly said earlier they don't do well with tough love owners .

• Like 1