Yes Or No?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen plenty in The New Forest,..big old things.... My old dogs never made any impression on them ,..and in a way I was glad.... Also walked into large Reds on Scottish Isles,...plus had a few runs,

In the past, I've caught plenty of Fallow Does and Pricketts with my roustabout curs,..but only a couple of fairish Bucks,...a wire fence, (and a deep ditch) helped out Big floppy old things,

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

All bullshit to the relevant thread and that’s most of this fecker lol.

It's just a discussion. I don't believe in these single handed stag pullers but let the men talk without ridicule. 

Isn't it a shame that the most natural of dances is now outlawed. 

40 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Aye I know...... interesting though, I have asked a genuine question ...... twice ...... and it’s gone very very quiet .....

Well I wouldn't know about them things my dogs struggle 2 hold a southern buck rabbit in January 

7 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Aye no worries, I shall await the multitude of answers .....

And it’s not a trick question ? 

And before some Herbert says it, I’m not claiming to be an expert, claiming my dogs are legends or claiming I’ve ever caught a red deer ? 

So you're asking whether a Fallow buck is harder to pull than a Red hind? 

Red hinds are still bigger than Fallow bucks on average. 

How can anyone really answer that question, between stags and bucks there's no comparison. 

Edited by Greb147
14 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

So you're asking whether a Fallow buck is harder to pull than a Red hind? 

Red hinds are still bigger than Fallow bucks on average. 

How can anyone really answer that question, between stags and bucks there's no comparison. 

What I was asking was - are all red deer automatically harder to pull than all fallow deer.

You honestly reckon all red hinds are bigger and harder to stop than all fallow bucks ?

That a shagged out hill red or one that’s had a hard winter or is getting on in years and is on rough ground is harder to stop than a rutting fallow buck in his prime?

Just curious as all reds are Always treated as an impossible dream and yet folk don’t question people dropping a rutting fallow buck In its prime .....

Very same with fallow, seen plenty that are shite, little real body mass and spindly little heads and some that are monsters with necks like bulls etc .....

Not being a prick just interested in why folk think this? 

13 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

What I was asking was - are all red deer automatically harder to pull than all fallow deer.

You honestly reckon all red hinds are bigger and harder to stop than all fallow bucks ?

That a shagged out hill red or one that’s had a hard winter or is getting on in years and is on rough ground is harder to stop than a rutting fallow buck in his prime?

Just curious as all reds are Always treated as an impossible dream and yet folk don’t question people dropping a rutting fallow buck In its prime .....

Very same with fallow, seen plenty that are shite, little real body mass and spindly little heads and some that are monsters with necks like bulls etc .....

Not being a prick just interested in why folk think this? 

How can a question like that be possibly answered though? 

I can't answer it as I've never run them up in the Scottish hills so I'm not sure on what sizes they are up there? 

I would still imagine those in the Highlands are a fair bit bigger than our fallow?

Of course if you drop on one that's on it's last legs it will drop easier than a prime fallow buck in all it's glory, that's nature for you and survival of the fittest. 

Edited by Greb147
4 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

How can a question like that be possibly answered though? 

I can't answer it as I've never run them up in the Scottish hills so I'm not sure on what sizes they are up there? 

I would still imagine those in the Highlands are a fair bit bigger than our fallow?

Aye that’s it you’ve never seen one but you still are fairly sure it’s impossible to catch one ....... see my point ? Again not being a prick. I reckon I’ve seen some lowland fallow that would drag some of those hill stags about the place ...... 

• Like 1