Call Outs

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chinese man was right. Nothing worse than eating stink pussy

It is a sense of achievement because when the culprit is gone there's a good chance you don't get the call for a while. Truth be told there's no fun in it at all...overweight terriers, unfit terriers.

Had a call out last Sunday and used my 10 month old bitch pup to great success . Received a call yesterday from the keeper saying he has 5 separate farms for me to work he was impressed

Posted Images

Chatting to a farmer last wk,he said he after losing a couple of day old lambs to mink.apparently they just leaving 2 bite marks on the back of the neck.anyone hear of this before?

yip.I've been told that too.and on chickens and ducks. The have no natural predators too and the kill all smaller mammals and fish. I know the sheep farmers would be afraid of them around small lambs

Chatting to a farmer last wk,he said he after losing a couple of day old lambs to mink.apparently they just leaving 2 bite marks on the back of the neck.anyone hear of this before?

Will still be a fox mate , there will be two more bites under the neck . Skin one for him mate

• Like 2

I hope you didn't mind me asking Neil! Interesting to know how others handle a lambing call. I know we all hate the call out but unfortunately it has to be done! When you do get the culprit got to be honest it is a real sense of achievement. ATB with your next mission!

I'd love to get the few call outs I have now done properly because they're folk who look after me and keep their stock right.

It can be a struggle to get up at 5.30 but when you're out these mornings it's well worth it. To see the other wildlife and take in that early morning air is a reward in it's self.

Hunting aside it's my favourite time of the year.

With you all the way there mate!

Not a sniff of fox all morning. Walked a lot, done a bit of calling when the breeze was right and not as much as a fresh scat.

I did see a few rabbits with what I believe to be RHD in an area that used to have 100s but now has nearly none.

It's no wonder the fox is hungry. That RHD turns my stomach.

The only whiff of fox I got all morning was near my own fowl pens and that aint good either.

Nothing worse than being the victim yourself.

I hope you didn't mind me asking Neil! Interesting to know how others handle a lambing call. I know we all hate the call out but unfortunately it has to be done! When you do get the culprit got to be honest it is a real sense of achievement. ATB with your next mission!

I'd love to get the few call outs I have now done properly because they're folk who look after me and keep their stock right.

It can be a struggle to get up at 5.30 but when you're out these mornings it's well worth it. To see the other wildlife and take in that early morning air is a reward in it's self.

Not a sniff of fox all morning. Walked a lot, done a bit of calling when the breeze was right and not as much as a fresh scat.

I did see a few rabbits with what I believe to be RHD in an area that used to have 100s but now has nearly none.

The only whiff of fox I got all morning was near my own fowl pens and that aint good either.

Forecast for this week over here is a temperature drop (minus) so charlie will be having to work harder for his/her food! That RHD is disgusting! Onwards and upwards or downwards it is then mate! Keep us informed of your progress ATB

When we had the farm my missus brought a few turkeys on actually hatching them herself! She was working late one night and I was on another farm giving a hand! The turkeys were now a good size and freeranging! I got a the dreaded call from the missus when she got come all dead and one missing. I eventually caught the vixen in a cage trap but it really annoyed me that a fox had the gall to come on to land where a fox controller lived and took stock lol. Obviously they cannot distinguish food is food in their eyes lol

It brings it closer to home when you're the victim.

I remember a family of Whitehackle fowl I had and the last hen from the family was sitting on 12 eggs. I was feeding one morning and had a peep in and could see her sitting on her nest.

After another while I checked her again but realised something was wrong. The fox had made a little hole beside her and when she pecked at his muzzle he pulled her head off. Hence the reason I thought she was still hatching.

The farmer who I was out this morning for also fattens some free range turkeys and one raid would be all it would take to ruin his Christmas.

Last year in the week he was letting them out he photographed a fox within a few feet of his back door. That was a handy shot.

A few years ago I had a couple of foxes taking fowl on me and went to my local fieldsport supplier for some wires.

He asked me was I looking for snares ?

I said No and asked him did he do fox voodoo dolls and some pins please, LOL, I was f***ing serious.

• Like 1

It is a sense of achievement because when the culprit is gone there's a good chance you don't get the call for a while. Truth be told there's no fun in it at all...overweight terriers, unfit terriers...terriers that's gone from regular work to nothing at all for a month or so then back at it for a call out, it just never seems to go straight forward
No need for terrier to be unfit or overweight a month or two after the season finishes unless you're the sort of person who leaves them sitting in a kennel through the summer.
  • Like 1

I remember a family of Whitehackle fowl I had and the last hen from the family was sitting on 12 eggs. I was feeding one morning and had a peep in and could see her sitting on her nest.

After another while I checked her again but realised something was wrong. The fox had made a little hole beside her and when she pecked at his muzzle he pulled her head off. Hence the reason I thought she was still hatching.

The farmer who I was out this morning for also fattens some free range turkeys and one raid would be all it would take to ruin his Christmas.

Last year in the week he was letting them out he photographed a fox within a few feet of his back door. That was a handy shot.

A few years ago I had a couple of foxes taking fowl on me and went to my local fieldsport supplier for some wires.

I said No and asked him did he do fox voodoo dolls and some pins please, LOL, I was f***ing serious.

Run out of likes Neil LIKE

i wouldnt too bothered if they were they were just yard plain chickens but ur whitlehackle.id go through the roof.did u put the eggs under another hen or incubate them neill.

It is a sense of achievement because when the culprit is gone there's a good chance you don't get the call for a while. Truth be told there's no fun in it at all...overweight terriers, unfit terriers...terriers that's gone from regular work to nothing at all for a month or so then back at it for a call out, it just never seems to go straight forward
No need for terrier to be unfit or overweight a month or two after the season finishes unless you're the sort of person who leaves them sitting in a kennel through the summer.

There's walking fit and working fit. I give mine a well deserved rest after the season...to be honest I hardly do alot with them, I let them get lazy and if they've got a bit of weight on that's fine.

• Like 3

Not be one to pull a fella up on a technicality Neil :boogy: but its VHD, viral haemoraging disease

• Like 1

Not be one to pull a fella up on a technicality Neil :boogy: but its VHD, viral haemoraging disease
Schoolie swat FD lol
  • Like 1

You're right I know but it's also called RHD, RVHD and now we have VHD2 or RHD2 which sadly has been proven to have passed onto a Hare.

Have the Chinese ever given us anything useful ?